Alabama A&M 9/15 7:00ET ESPN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama A&M 9/15 7:00ET ESPN3

AA&M returns to Nippert for a encore performance. They're 1-1 out of the SWAC. Their win is over a Div II team and they have a new coach since the last time they were here. There don't seem to be any stats posted by ESPN for them except for the kicker, who apparently doesn't miss much.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tats/_/id/2010

https://aamusports.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football&

Good news. The band is coming. In addition to seeing our own band in Nippert under the new director, you'll want to stay in your seats for halftime. If you're never seen an HBCU marching band, it's something.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

If I remember correctly, the last time they were in Cincy they performed after the game; it was awesome, and a surprising amount of fans stayed to witness.

BTW, it appears that former Bearcat receiver Brian Jenkins is the RBs coach for the Bulldogs.

Comment

This should be a blowout. The only thing that may suppress the margin of victory is UC’s offensive style, which has shown to be to pound it between the tackles. That’s not a criticism; just an observation of style.

Sagarin has UC as 51-point favorites. The Bulldogs are going to have trouble moving the ball.

Final: Cats 48-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
        If I remember correctly, the last time they were in Cincy they performed after the game; it was awesome, and a surprising amount of fans stayed to witness.
        Going off a tweet last week from our director, Christopher Nichter, they are splitting halftime this year. I'm not sure if that's the final word though.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I believe our Bearcats will win in convincing fashion, but will work on the passing game throughout. I would like to see 25-30 passing attempts, and once the lead is had Michael Warren II takes the rest of the night off.

Comment

Fickell stated in his Presser that Doaks is not practicing again. Not out for Saturday but unlikely. Boose didn’t come up. I really can’t see Warren and Ridder going the distance in this one as long is it’s actually out of hand.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The NCAA just sanctioned the Bulldogs in several sports, including football, for lack of institutional control.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/...labama_am.html

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                The NCAA just sanctioned the Bulldogs in several sports, including football, for lack of institutional control.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/...labama_am.html

Well.......you knew somebody was going to pay for all the violations at UNC, now we know who...........
                Last edited by blackattack; 09-13-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Anyone want to take a late stab at a score?
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC finds their passing game. The defense does not let up.

UC 38
                    Albama A&M 6

Comment

Was a fun game to watch. Major sound system issues most of the night. Other than that, I had a lot of fun. Great game.

Comment

The Cats did what they had to do. The coaching staff apparently had no problems dissecting the AL A&M defensive capabilities. UC's receivers were incredibly open during the first quarter blitz. Then, after loosening the Bulldogs up, they ran wild (400+ yards on the ground).

There were gigantic running lanes and Tavion Thomas and Charles McClelland used them, then bludgeoned anyone who got in their way.

That clearly was an inferior opponent, but it was good to get virtually everyone a shot at playing. The new red shirt rule allowed for several true frosh to get some meaningful snaps. Aside from that, the best thing to come from NIppert tonight was that no one suffered significant injuries, as far as I could tell.

On to the Bobcats, who, despite falling to the Cavaliers today in Nashville, will be considerably more competition than what the Cats faced tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsauce6226 View Post
                          Was a fun game to watch. Major sound system issues most of the night. Other than that, I had a lot of fun. Great game.

Thank you! My wife and I have a combined 160 years - so we thought maybe it was us - we could hardly understand the officials, and could only make out the word "Cincinnati" from the announcer when the A&M band was on the field - the sound was loud enough - it was just constantly garbled. We've been season ticket holders for quite a while and this was the worst either of us can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

On to the Bobcats, who, despite falling to the Cavaliers today in Nashville, will be considerably more competition than what the Cats faced tonight.
                            Could be the understatement of the season. We were at the Turpin/West Clermont game Friday night - pick an all star team from that group, give them the A&M uniforms and I'm not sure the result would have been much different.

Comment

Great Win. Good to see we have a passing offensive. On to OU.....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X