Miami 9/8 8:00ET ESPN3/FOX19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami 9/8 8:00ET ESPN3/FOX19

#KeepTheBell Looking for lucky 13 in a row at PBS. This is technically a Miami home game that is the result of a renegotiated contract between UC and Miami that allows everyone to keep the series going while not forcing us to play in Yager Stadium every other year. It also helps Miami with their attendance numbers.

Miami was a loser to Marshall in Week 1 despite 357 yds passing from Gus Ragland. Box is here:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=401014975

Stats will eventually be here although at this time nothing's been updated:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...stats/_/id/193

This game is also being carried/produced by Raycom which usually means that Fox19 will broadcast it but I can't find any confirmation of that on their website.

To be honest I think the Miami offense will be tougher to handle than UCLA's and I'm fairly sure that Miami is a better team than UCLA despite the loss to Marshall. Our defense needs a repeat performance.

Last edited by Lobot; 09-07-2018, 09:13 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

UC barely, and I mean barely has beaten Miami the last 3 games. I disagree w/ Lobot on comparing Miami to UCLA. UCLA was on their home field. UC had to adjust to a 3 hour time change. UCLA had the fastest man we will see all year (the guy who ran in the TD was the winner, last year in the California HS State Track meet in the 100 meters).... Miami doesn't have that kind of speed. UCLA had a very experienced secondary. My early prediction, based upon momentum from the unexpected UCLA win, is UC wins 31-17.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I really like what it appears Stripling has brought to our defensive line and our overall experience there. Not to mention Wright looks like an Nfl prospect playing in the lb position. I think if we can bring the kind of pressure we brought against Ucla, and we run the ball effectively we setup much better this year than last. One more caveat, don't turn the ball over. I say Cats 24 to 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        #KeepTheBell Looking for lucky 13 in a row at PBS. This is technically a Miami home game that is the result of a renegotiated contract between UC and Miami that allows everyone to keep the series going while not forcing us to play in Yager Stadium every other year. It also helps Miami with their attendance numbers.

Miami was a loser to Marshall in Week 1 despite 357 yds passing from Gus Ragland. Box is here:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=401014975

Stats will eventually be here although at this time nothing's been updated:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...stats/_/id/193

This game is also being carried/produced by Raycom which usually means that Fox19 will broadcast it but I can't find any confirmation of that on their website.

To be honest I think the Miami offense will be tougher to handle than UCLA's and I'm fairly sure that Miami is a better team than UCLA despite the loss to Marshall. Our defense needs a repeat performance.

Agree with this ^^. Ragland is the real deal at QB for Miami. Be interesting to see if CLF goes with Moore to start the game this week.......hate to say it but he’s a turnover machine.

Comment

Ragland is not a very big qb, i'd say he's about 6 ft tall. They list him bigger maybe a little over that, but if you can pressure him he's a lot less effective. I do not think you will see a lot of what we saw the past several years in terms of coverage based defenses. I expect they will get after him from the get go. I'd expect Miami will initially throw a lot of short stuff. It will be interesting to see if we can jump any routes or not. On the offensive side, they gave up quite a bit of yardage to Marshall on the ground, so get ready for more M. Warren. Anyone know 1. Doaks status? 2. Is Pitts out for first half given targeting call? Pitts brings even more pressure to that front we have.

Comment

Pitts may play. His PF occurred in the 1st half. Had he been flagged for targeting after halftime, he’d be out for the 1st half this week.

Comment

Miami is a 2.5 favorite. It's the biggest game of their year, we'll need maximum effort.

Comment

Pitts should be good to go. Doesn't have to sit for this game at all.

I'm not giving to much credit to Vegas on this one. That line is almost completely based on the fact that it's listed as a home game for Miami.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that Moore sees playing time in this game. The only reason he didn't come back in was that Ridder started out 6-6 passing and was able to move the ball. He wasn't the same in the second half and Moore was really getting ready to come in "just in case".

Defensively, if we can get the same pressure on Ragland that we did on UCLA, we should be able to maintain coverage in the secondary to minimize their passing game. Unfortunately, Miami may have a better O-Line than UCLA had. UCLA was not very deep at OL. Still, we should keep that pressure with the different blitzing angles from the linebackers and just sheer talent on the DL.

Comment

Fickell said in todays presser that they’ll both play and again no starter named til game time.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The first "should we still play this game"€ article is out.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/battle-f...ng-its-luster-
                      Last edited by Lobot; 09-07-2018, 09:02 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Some goodies about the Miami game in here as well as some followup from UCLA.

https://theathletic.com/508114/2018/...-victory-bell/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

FOX 19 does have the game tomorrow
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think we should keep playing the rivalry until we take the all time lead and then cut it off .

Comment

Attention game attendees! No umbrellas in PBS. Find a poncho.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X