Miami 9/8 8:00ET ESPN3/FOX19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prediction time:

I think this game ends up close due to the rival nature of it and Miami really wants the win. The defense will continue to be disruptive and get 5 sacks, with a few coming late as Miami tries to throw it to make a come back. Still waiting to see if Doaks is able to go from his shoulder injury. If he does, then we add another wrinkle to our offense. The fact that we didn't have anything going in the passing game in the 2nd half of the UCLA game makes me think we're going to see more running the ball and controlling the clock. Moore and Ridder will flip flop through the game to keep Miami guessing and it would be nice to see one of them step up.

Not sure what to expect out of the Redhawks. They have a good passing game and our young backfield will be tested. This is clearly the strength of the team. Ragland will pass often especially late if they are behind. They have a few good receiving options who can go up and get the ball. Our defense pressure from the line should help by disrupting throws and we may see a pick or two.

It will be close, but we hold out in the end for the win.

UC 24
    MU 20

RING THE BELL!!

Comment

21-0. Kudos to Defense and Special Teams! Offense didn't turn the ball over and did what it needed to do. 2-0 start is wonderful!

Comment

21-0 feels good after the last 2 years of nail biters. I saw this statistic today, UC is playing with 17 redshirt freshman and 35 true freshman!!!

Comment

That was a slogfest both weather wise and game wise. Seemed like we went in neutral forever before the second TD came. That pop pass to Deguara at the end was a play I'd been waiting for since the beginning of UCLA. Suprised we didn't run him down the seam more in that game. The hit by Wiggins will be on highlight reels all season.

I see absolutely no reason other than injury that Desmond Ridder shouldn't have the starting job all year at this point. Ran for 100 yesterday. Hayden Moore can't do that in my opinion. That said Ridder looks like he needs to work on his deep ball. Elements were probably working against him last night but all of his deep balls with the wind were well out in front of the receiver.

Here's the box score: http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=401019482

GoBearcats will probably post a more complete box sometime this morning.

Game balls from me to Ridder and Deguara, Broughton, Young and James Smith. Honorable Mention to Tyrell Gilbert with a bunch of passes defended against their best receiver.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Defense seemed to play with confidence last night. It's great to see them playing strong.

Comment

UC was in control and played confidently. Crazy weather, but solid outcome.
              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

UC has got to find a passing game. At least some threat of passing will be vital going forward to continue to run the ball like it has thus far. In my opinion, neither the WRs and TEs are able to separate from their defenders on a consistent basis. And while Ridder has benn successful thus far running the ball, I believe UC will be in trouble if he leads the team in rushing every week like he did against Miami.

Comment

I got news for you there is no such thing as a passing game on a night like last night. For those who were there it was pretty evident. We probably should have picked 2 or 3 more balls of his off and that would not have been a close game. I think Miami knew they had no other choice with Uc's front 7 and their qb just not mobile enough. Again, no turnovers which on a night like that is amazing and you win the ballgame. Warren's fake into the line on the final td pass was great. He should get half a td for that.

Comment

I agree with both previous posts. We need a passing game but last night was probably not the best to judge presence or absence. Just far too sloppy and the chance of turning the ball over because a wideout slipped or the ball slipped out of the QB's hand was far too great.

Comment

If you really look at the stats of first two games, we were just as effective passing the ball as both opponents. % wise, yds per catch were all comparable or we even exceeded the opponent. Yesterday he had several big completions for 1st downs and the td to the tight end, and the pass interference call against Lewis at the end set them up for the final td and he had beaten his man. That ball was actually in the right spot on the inside shoulder, but just was short which given the wind and all was not a terrible pass. The next couple game will see likely more passing game, but if they run it well and continue to play great on defense i believe they will only take their shots when they present themselves. The days of Kelly throwing the ball all over the place are over. The run now will set up the pass. Ohio U gave up almost 700 yds of offense to Howard in their first game so that will be interesting.

Comment

Awesome win under bad conditions. Let’s keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-in-Italy View Post
                          21-0 feels good after the last 2 years of nail biters. I saw this statistic today, UC is playing with 17 redshirt freshman and 35 true freshman!!!
                          Before summer camp started I saw one article that said 70% of the U.C. football players are freshmen, redshirt freshmen and sophomores. The talking head keep saying we have the fourth-youngest team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                            If you really look at the stats of first two games, we were just as effective passing the ball as both opponents. % wise, yds per catch were all comparable or we even exceeded the opponent. Yesterday he had several big completions for 1st downs and the td to the tight end, and the pass interference call against Lewis at the end set them up for the final td and he had beaten his man. That ball was actually in the right spot on the inside shoulder, but just was short which given the wind and all was not a terrible pass. The next couple game will see likely more passing game, but if they run it well and continue to play great on defense i believe they will only take their shots when they present themselves. The days of Kelly throwing the ball all over the place are over. The run now will set up the pass. Ohio U gave up almost 700 yds of offense to Howard in their first game so that will be interesting.

Offense has struggled the first two games but like everyone has said, that is not unexpected with the weather conditions Saturday night. Whether UCLA is having a down year or not, they can and did cause problems for our offense. I have not seen defensive play like this since Dantonio left town. Watching the Safeties and CB's, it looks like Mickens is coaching them up. They seemed to be positioned well to disrupt the passes.

hoping offense starts putting it all together next week because we will need them before the end of the season. Right now it looks like the only thing we can count on is the feet of Warren and Ridder. I like Warren more and more each game. He looks like he's built like a tank!

Comment

What a great defensive game by the Bearcats! They were fast and on the ball every play. They were fast to the outside and filled gaps up the middle. It's really impressive!

Comment

You'll see more offense the next 2 or 3 weeks but as the competition defensively gets tougher they will gravitate towards the same conservative run game. Until they lose a couple, they would be hard pressed to open it up. Fumbles and interceptions in the passing game have been killer not just last year, but even before this. As long as the defense stay stout, they will be patient and pass when it's there, but continue to play the punching game. It's better to be in the game in q4, than trailing by 2 or 3 td's because you turned it over, or didn't get any first downs. This is now a ball control team.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X