Way too early bowl projections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too early bowl projections

CBS' Jerry Palm stuck us in the Armed Forces bowl in Fort Worth vs. Army. While this would be extremely convenient for me, at this point in time I hope this is not where we end up. I might change my mind after I see how well we defend Navy's triple option during the regular season. Army's no longer a bad team although having about a month to prepare for the game wouldn't hurt.

Just for the record I believe this is first time that Jerry Palm has ever forecasted us anywhere other than Birmingham AL.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...2018-19-games/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I just hope we go to a bowl game. It's been so long I can't remember what bowls are even good ones anymore. Here's to a great season so that we can talk about what bowl we go to!!

Comment

Bowl eligible would be a decent to good season. Being upset at Armed Services Bowl would be great in year 2.I am hoping for better, but this is a fairly young team except defensive line.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I remember our (the Cats and my group) last trip to the bowl in Ft. Worth.

We rolled into town early and the temperature dropped every day we were there. On the night of the game, the temperature dropped below freezing and kept going. We were barely prepared for the weather.

BUT, Gino G. had a great game returning from a non-football related injury and we vanquished the Herd from Marshall.

One of the "highlights" of the trip was the Pep Rally the night before the game; it was hilarious watching HC Dantonio being spontaneous to "fire-up" the crowd.

Another memorable part was watching the Official UC Trip folks roll in to the hotel hours before the game. Luckily, since we had gone to Ft. Worth days earlier, we missed a blizzard by one day; the tour group didn't.

So, I wouldn't mind giving Ft. Worth a second chance; what we saw of the area, including the Stockyards, was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
          I remember our (the Cats and my group) last trip to the bowl in Ft. Worth.

We rolled into town early and the temperature dropped every day we were there. On the night of the game, the temperature dropped below freezing and kept going. We were barely prepared for the weather.

BUT, Gino G. had a great game returning from a non-football related injury and we vanquished the Herd from Marshall.

One of the "highlights" of the trip was the Pep Rally the night before the game; it was hilarious watching HC Dantonio being spontaneous to "fire-up" the crowd.

Another memorable part was watching the Official UC Trip folks roll in to the hotel hours before the game. Luckily, since we had gone to Ft. Worth days earlier, we missed a blizzard by one day; the tour group didn't.

So, I wouldn't mind giving Ft. Worth a second chance; what we saw of the area, including the Stockyards, was great.
          Awful experience and I didn't even have to go very far. Still don't know how I managed to survive that whole game. I had 4 layers on top and my jeans literally froze to the bleachers. Had to go get a box from concessions to sit on for the rest of the game. It was about 20 degrees before the wind chill. The post game band, Cross Canadian Ragweed, played one chord to satisfy their contract and walked off stage and I will never blame them for it.

Can't blame the bowl committee or the city for that fiasco for sure. Ft. Worth has a very nice downtown area worth visiting. If we don't make this bowl game, we'll be back for the AAC Basketball tourney in 2020.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's the Athletic version from Stewart Mandel. I'll save you the click unless you're curious about the whole list. We aren't in it.

https://theathletic.com/481384/2018/...rce=dailyemail
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X