2018 Fall Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Fall Camp

Camp starts Aug. 2 for football this year. I have not seen a date for the UCATS dinner yet.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Camp starts Aug. 2 for football this year. I have not seen a date for the UCATS dinner yet.
    Luke Fickell 2018 Camp Preview Part 1 with Chad Brendel

Comment

Mark your calendars for August 24 for a mock game. No word on whether this will be public or closed yet.

Higher Ground practices start on Aug 5 and run to Aug 22 with Sunday breaks.

Looks like family night is Sat. Aug 18.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Higher Ground. As of now. Check in at camp is tonight
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Athletic is on site.

https://theathletic.com/457349/2018/...amp-kicks-off/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UCATS visitation is on Tuesday Aug 14 at 10:45am.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              UCATS visitation is on Tuesday Aug 14 at 10:45am.
              I have only attended once, but it was a great look at what they are doing out there. Lots of work going on to get ready. HOT days in the sun! Nice facilities and a good place for these guys to come together.

Comment

Enquirer had a good recap of yesterday's scrimmage. No stats were shared with the media. Highlights:

Offense
                Hayden Moore & Desmond Ridder took the majority of the snaps.
                Michael Warren II had a big day - estimated over 100 yards. Taylor Boose had big runs. Doakes is still not healthy.
                Malick Moodj, Rashad Medaris, and Thomas Geddis caught TDs

Defense
                Cameron Jefferies - INT
                Tyrell Gilbert & Jarell White were noted for near INTs

Any surprises here? Is Ridder the #2 QB?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...age/967168002/

Comment

Ridder is the #2 for the time being. Based on everything I'm hearing coming out of camp, Moore's going to be on a short leash this year even if he stays the #1. Ridder adds a running dimension to the offense that it doesn't have with Moore. You'll notice they didn't send Moore to media day.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Position battle articles :

https://theathletic.com/471622/2018/...-at-fall-camp/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...nse/985018002/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jefferies has one corner spot locked. Looks like the other corners will be Tyrell Gibert and Coby Bryant. Gilbert is the lone senior at this position. Jefferies and Angulo are the only Jrs.

QB is down to 2 between Moore and Ridder. Moore will probably start the opener but that not set in stone by any means.

RB is all over the place in a good way. Doaks is not 100% but the 4 other guys are all playing well. Boose, Warren, Thomas and McClelland are all going to get time.

WR is going to be a committtee after Khalil Lewis and Thomas Geddis. Yanez Rogers has officially been moved to WR on the roster. Keep an eye on that for the future.

TE. Very solid here and I expect more targets in the offense.

Bryan Wright has been moved tfrom DE to LB if you didn't already know that. It's a sucessful move from all indications. Malik Clements will play the hybrid "sniper " LB position this year .

Ethan Tucky has been moved from LB to DE.

We have a ton of OL and half of them are freshmen. Looks good down the road. Should be better than last year at that position which is a good thing but we might run into quality/depth issues.

DL is solid but obvious improvement rushing the passer is needed from last year.

Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Why isn't Jake Sopko in the QB mix? I saw him at the UCATS higher ground open practice last year & he looked better than Moore & Trail.

Comment

I don't have an answer to that question honestly. At this point I think he's been bypassed by Ridder and Bryant. I considered mentioning this earlier. We have a lot of Tuberville era players marked as SQ on the roster. They've never taken a game snap or were walk ons originally. To me that's a knock on Tuberville and his staff and not at all on the players. Sopko fits in the first category but I expected him to be in the mix myself this year as well.

They have Jake listed as as Soph. I thought he was a redshirt Soph. If he is, and he was a 2016 Class member he was orginally recruited by Hinshaw and Gran and then ended up with Zach Taylor as his first OC. That was a disaster and probably set him back light years.

One I thing noted in an interview with Fickell in one of the articles above is that there is a better chemistry among the QBs in this years contest. I'm not sure who that says something about, Moore or Trail or Sopko. Since Trail is gone, you could interpret that as a shot at Trail not being a team player. Have no idea whether that's true. That was just my take on it.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ok thanks for you response.

Comment

Sounds like Dino Boyd, the transfer from Rhode Island will likely be the starting left tackle.

​https://theathletic.com/477780/2018/...e-an-entrance/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X