No announcement yet.

2018 Fall Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whyle out 2 months with a collarbone, Boose unknown issue. Have to remember that this year with the new redshirt rules if they only play 4 games or less, they're still eligible for another season. Going to be interesting with some of the freshmen coming in. To my knowledge no one is going to be redshirted at this point in time but that's likely to change based on playing time
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Re: the new Redshirt rule - I don't think there will be any talk, per se, about individuals redshirting. It'll be a retro-decision after the season. Every player has the chance to play in four games so there's no need to discuss redshirting.

I think it'll be interesting at bowl time how many frosh may play. Think back to the UNC/Belk Bowl and how the team was decimated by injuries. It would have been nice to have those who were redshirting being able to play. As it was, we took our lumps because it didn't make sense to burn a whole year for one game.

Comment

This article is literally about Camp Higher Ground and profiles the owners. Lot's of good stuff in here and you'll want to say a big thank you to Bob Goin and John Widecan after reading this.

https://theathletic.com/480545/2018/...-special-bond/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tyler Boose has had tough luck with nagging injuries. Talented kid with the ball if he could stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            This article is literally about Camp Higher Ground and profiles the owners. Lot's of good stuff in here and you'll want to say a big thank you to Bob Goin and John Widecan after reading this.

https://theathletic.com/480545/2018/...-special-bond/
            What a great article!

Comment

Starting QB is very likely to be Hayden Moore by all indications. No official announcement has been made.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nice write up on the completion of Camp from Justin WIlliams. The important part is that they will not publicly name the starting QB until game time. Scrimmage today.

https://theathletic.com/486855/2018/...rce=dailyemail

Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Take this for what it is worth, but a source of mine (a player on the team), says that the RS Freshman QB has outperformed Hayden Moore, and is likely to be the starting QB.

Appreciate all your updates, Lobot.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I believe that is probably correct but the coaches always have to give the incumbent and upper classmen the benefit of the doubt and go the extra mile with them before making such a drastic move. Being fair to guys who have paid their dues and put in the time is important to recruits as they evaluate a program. If you work hard you want to assume it will pay off down the road rather than getting over recruited. Having said that, at some point if its obvious to the team that the underclassman is the better option, then that decision has to be made as well. I think Fick has a good understanding of these dynamics and that's why its playing out the way it is.

Comment

We need a much better offense this year. Whichever QB can get that done, I'm in their camp. That may also mean they split duties. I think establishing a consistent running game is must!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                        Take this for what it is worth, but a source of mine (a player on the team), says that the RS Freshman QB has outperformed Hayden Moore, and is likely to be the starting QB.

B.C.
                        This wouldn't surprise me honestly. I just know in the previous scrimmage Moore outperformed Ridder. They were headed to the field today for one last go around before classes start. Pretty sure that was a closed scrimmage. I personally think the tactical advantage for the UCLA game is with Ridder. There's no film on him.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just hope our WRs are improved; if not, it makes little difference who starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                            I just hope our WRs are improved; if not, it makes little difference who starts.
                            I agree. I think we'll be ok here but not great. Outside of Lewis and Geddis, the young guys will play. It's unlikely that we'll have a corps as good as the bunch Kiel had to throw to or the bunch that went to BCS bowls again but they'll be ok. I think your statement is why we'll see some Ridder. Run might open up the pass for us. The run game should be big and needs to be to keep some of these offenses in conference off the field.

It'll be an improvement from last year but I don't think this offense has enough firepower to outscore people in a shootout.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
                              BC you nailed it. Ridder is looking like the real deal against UCLA

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X