BG Grad Transfer Cameron Jeffries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG Grad Transfer Cameron Jeffries

Per his twitter account, Cameron Jeffries, a CB from Bowling Green is going to grad transfer and will be eligible to play for UC next year. It looks like he is a pretty talented CB and has been starting most of his games at BG. He was getting looks from some Big 10 schools, most notably Nebraska. He is taking classes this summer so that he can grad transfer and be on campus in August. He will have 2 years of eligibility left.

Given the lack of experience at the position right now, he is looking like a guy who will see a lot of playing time. He'll be a nice stop gap between the outgoing guys and the underdeveloped younger class. Really nice job by Mickens to get this guy!

What a write up. This kid looks driven academically & athletically.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20...wo-years-early

Comment

You just can't have enough kids of this caliber and family structure. He will be a real asset to the program - that can be said before he even steps on the field. If he's as good a player as he is a person, we really got a steal.

Comment

I hope I'm not stating the obvious but he played for Mickens at BG. Mickens knows exactly what he has here. He may very well be at the boundary corner slot day 1 of fall camp.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is a huge pickup. 4.4 speed, tremendous leaping ability. Great job Coach Mickens!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Any more news on this guy? He wasn't on the two-deep depth chart as of July 22nd.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Outside of weight room stuff and playbook study, he's only been with the team for about 3 days. Probably just working his way in with the program right now at Higher Ground. I'm sure we'll find out more as he gets reps in during practice and can move his way up.

Comment

I just checked the roster and he's listed. I think that two deep was from Spring ball and he wasn't enrolled yet at that point.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Obviously I'm not a camp but all indication I've seen from other are that Jefferies is having an outstanding camp and will start at corner.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bearcatssportsradio.com posted some videos from camp on twitter @ericcucker. They had a 3 part interview with Mike Mickens about the backfield and he pointed out that despite his late arrival, Jeffries is really fitting in well. He also pointed out that he was impressed with Coby Bryant and Tyrell Gilbert. I think we're looking at a whole new defense and we're going to be happy with the results!

Comment

Profile by Justin WIlliams at the AThletic:

https://theathletic.com/483860/2018/...ats-secondary/
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X