• Show
Clear All

• Game times announced for September

All primetime Saturdays so far. National ESPN game against UCLA

https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/5/3...announced.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Not understanding why the Miami game on the 8th is being played at 8pm. It's on ESPN3, not televised, therefore it shouldn't be a Network reason. 8pm for a game that is supposed to be a neutral site game doesn't work well for the Miami fans/students traveling back after the game... not that they are going to come down anyway. Just seems odd. Being that late a game might deter some UC fans as well (especially those with kids).

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
      Not understanding why the Miami game on the 8th is being played at 8pm. It's on ESPN3, not televised, therefore it shouldn't be a Network reason. 8pm for a game that is supposed to be a neutral site game doesn't work well for the Miami fans/students traveling back after the game... not that they are going to come down anyway. Just seems odd. Being that late a game might deter some UC fans as well (especially those with kids).
      It is on local TV. Fox19 is broadcasting that game. This strikes me as both sensible and dumb depending on your perspective. On one hand it's a local interest game which makes perfect sense for them to carry the game. On the other hand if they broadcast it, the ticket numbers will be down for anyone not feeling like a trip downtown at night.

I was never in favor of this PBS deal but it's better than cancelling the series altogether I guess. Since this is technically a Miami home game, I think the PBS deal is basically an assist by UC to Miami to get more people in the seats than Yager would have. They've been on that attendance warning bubble for FBS on and off for years and this actually helps Miami but only if people show up for the game. I'll reserve judgement on whether TV was a good idea until after the attendance numbers come in.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X