Joe Burrow Visiting UC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Burrow Visiting UC

Just read that I believe he's either visiting today, or very soon, along with visiting LSU. Put me down as someone who would love to see this happen at UC, not sure I can take watching another year of Moore. I would think Burrow would have zero problems earning a starting role right away, and making the team much better the next 2 years.

There's already a thread on this under Recruiting. He's visiting today.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just a heads up because I had this wrong. He's a grad transfer that redshirted at OSU, graduated and has two years to play 2. He's eligible immediately
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

if Burrow comes to UC, I change my early prediction for the 2018 season from 6-6 to 8-4. This dude is the real deal. LSU needs a QB, but Burrow is from Athens, Ohio and his father is the DC for Ohio U. UC plays them this year. This will change UC for the better, just like when Ben Mauk came to UC for one year, back in 2009 or so. Mauk only played one year for UC.

CLF knows Burrow. My money says he will be a Bearcat in one week or so!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I agree that Burrow will be a much needed upgrade to UC’s QB stable. However, I am not convinced that it will translate automatically to more wins because UC lacks receivers that can catch the ball. Moore does not make sound decisions at times but many of his passes should have been caught.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            I agree that Burrow will be a much needed upgrade to UC’s QB stable. However, I am not convinced that it will translate automatically to more wins because UC lacks receivers that can catch the ball. Moore does not make sound decisions at times but many of his passes should have been caught.
            Agree. You have to have a solid QB to compete but our problems on offense go way beyond the QB position.
            Need help at Receiver, O Lineman, the kicking game, etc

Comment

The SecCountry site is stating that they believe we are the front runner for Burrow.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Has a visit planned for UNC Coming up.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-j...na-athens-ohio
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's being reported he canceled trip to UNC and is nearing announcing a decision. C'mon Luke!
                  Go Joe!! Coukd be the next greatests chant since "You got Pead on"
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Groeschen is saying he has a UC source that says Burrow is going to LSU. All other reports seem to relying on his.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hard to beat an SEC team for a recruit. 11 warriors is saying LSU as is Bucknuts. Some claim that he didn't want to compete with a 3 year starter. If true, not what you want from a QB. My guess is still SEC over AAC.
                      Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-18-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                        Hard to beat an SEC team for a recruit. 11 warriors is saying LSU as is Bucknuts. Some claim that he didn't want to compete with a 3 year starter. If true, not what you want from a QB. My guess is still SEC over AAC.
                        Both of those OSU sources are using Groeschen as a source. Not dead yet but it's likely over.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Enquirer article below. I don’t know whether to be surprised or if this is what I expected. I suspected that lack of good receivers on UC’s would be a factor. But who knows why he made the decision he has apparently made.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ats/624643002/
                          Last edited by London 'Cat; 05-18-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                            Enquirer article below. I don’t know whether to be surprised or if this is what I expected. I suspected that lack of good receivers on UC’s would be a factor. But who knows why he made the decision he has apparently made.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ats/624643002/
                            It's what I expected to be honest and I'm not upset about it because he was never "here" in any capacity other than a visit. He would have been a great get but I never thought we were the right fit. That's not a negative on UC. I just think Burrow was looking for a higher level program than where we are at this point in time. FIckell is headed in the right direction and tbh my head is spinning with all the offers for 2019 and 2020 in this cycle.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Welllll. Not over yet. LSU sites are reporting that He;s about to choose UC as of 3 hours ago.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X