No announcement yet.

Spring Practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been a couple of articles on the football team. Last week there was one about being able to see improvement. This one is about the QB competition. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...job/482252002/

Comment

Hoard article on Malik Vann. Vann is an early enrollee, and I believe Ben Bryant, Lorenz Metz and Charles McClellan are as well. Hopefully all 4 will be able to provide help this year. For the spring game I would like to see a lot of Bryant and a Desmond Ridder, since I already have a pretty good idea about what Moore and Trail can do. Looking forward to this year.

http://gobearcats.com/news/2018/4/2/...ying-time.aspx
      Last edited by longtimefan; 04-03-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

There's a closed scrimmage going on at PBS today. Not sure why there are using PBS but I know why it isn't in Nippert. FCC has a game tonight and the soccer lines are down.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Enquirer reporting that Moore is hurt and did not participate today.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ure/503221002/ Trail may be gone. I hope not but his future is uncertain.

Comment

Let's wish Trail well. He really never impressed me, but will make an immediate impact at a school like EKU or Central Arkansas.

B.C.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot
                Don't write him off just yet. Ridder hurt himself. Full length leg brace and crutches.

Do you have a link to the Ridder news? Also, Tom Greschen reported that Trail does plan to transfer, but has to work out his paperwork first, including academic standing.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Do you have a link to the Ridder news? Also, Tom Greschen reported that Trail does plan to transfer, but has to work out his paperwork first, including academic standing.
                  I'm going to delete this. It's from a single observer who saw it at practice and I can't confirm it. I can't find any other mentions of it and for all I know I'm being trolled. I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow at the Spring Game.

As far as Trail goes, sounds like he's as good as gone.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

David Wysong from the News Record wrote something up for the Athletic that's worth reading.

https://theathletic.com/311772/2018/...s-in-year-two/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Speaking of Wysong, he just confirmed the Groeschen report that Trail has transferred. Done deal.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm going to delete this. It's from a single observer who saw it at practice and I can't confirm it. I can't find any other mentions of it and for all I know I'm being trolled. I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow at the Spring Game.

As far as Trail goes, sounds like he's as good as gone.

I think the Cincinnati.com article about Trail and his potential (now seemingly definite) transfer references Ridder being injured, but the injury does not sound serious. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ils/510868002/
                        Last edited by London 'Cat; 04-13-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Athletics Announces Football Open Practice Time Change

Due to expected weather on Saturday, the University of Cincinnati football team will move its practice earlier in the day at Nippert Stadium.

The Bearcats will be on the field from 7:30-10 a.m. ET, weather permitting. Practice is open to the public.

Due the time change, activities in the Nippert Stadium West Pavilion Scholarship Club Level are canceled. A future event allowing patrons to explore premium seating options will be announced later this spring.

Concession stands will not be open and the post-practice autograph session will be rescheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I think the Cincinnati.com article about Trail and his potential (now seemingly definite) transfer references Ridder being injured, but the injury does not sound serious. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ils/510868002/
                            I hope it's not serious becuase that would leave us with 2 healthy QBs on the roster. You'd think the emergency QB would probably be Tyrell Gilbert. He's the only one I can think of on the roster that played the position in HS and he ran the Veer offense.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I hope it's not serious becuase that would leave us with 2 healthy QBs on the roster. You'd think the emergency QB would probably be Tyrell Gilbert. He's the only one I can think of on the roster that played the position in HS and he ran the Veer offense.
                              Isn’t it three, at least? Moore, Sopko and Bryant. Ridder and Trail would have made 5 QBs.

Comment

Oops forgot about Sopko. Now I feel better
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X