• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Hutch has left the program

Ben has opted to transfer to Indy CC
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

What's happening to the team? There have been several announcements regarding transfers over the last few days. Are these players that don't fit Coach Fickel's system? Is it an issue concerning playing time? It just seems like there have been quite a few players transferring out.

Comment

This type of activity is inevitable. We are over recruiting at this point to catch up. Some scholarship caliber recruits are being asked to walk on, existing players are being evaluated and told their chances of playing are slim and basically being invited to transfer. Scholarships are not always renewed. Its the dirty side of the business and handled differently by every coach but as Fick upgrades there are kids who just don't see opportunities anymore. Its not a negative reflection on the program unless its handled wrong and goes on all the time with coaching changes.

Comment

If he transferred to an JC, it obviously was a grade issue. He looked to be quit a player though.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
          What's happening to the team? There have been several announcements regarding transfers over the last few days. Are these players that don't fit Coach Fickel's system? Is it an issue concerning playing time? It just seems like there have been quite a few players transferring out.
          RedDog has it right. In the case of Jaelen Greene, he was the odd man out playing time wise and he was a Tuberville recruit. The new staff recruited over him trying to upgrade the position, which I think they did pretty well.

I'm disappointed about Hutch and he may very well have grade issues but he could have also transferred to a JC so he didn't have to sit a year for transferring inside FBS. He also doesn't have to sit a year if he transfers back to FBS after a year in JC. That happens a lot. It's not always grades.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Was he ever actually a student here? I thought the reason he wasn't here last year is he had to go somewhere else because of grades. The question was if he would come back.

Comment

Just looking at his stats, he might have been some help in the middle. 315 lbs would be tough for any offensive line to move. Wonder what the story actually was.......

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                Was he ever actually a student here? I thought the reason he wasn't here last year is he had to go somewhere else because of grades. The question was if he would come back.
                I'm honestly not sure but the language in his twitter post stated that he was decommitting rather than transferring which indicates you're probably right. I guess I kind of assumed he might be redshirting last year and that's why we hadn't seen him.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ben Hutch is getting a lot of attention from big schools while at the JUCO he is attending. They are also doing a Last Chance U tv season of his JUCO and he probably just wants to leave his options open for next year.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X