AAC Looking good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Looking good

UCF goes undefeated by knocking off Auburn. Big win for the conference. Overall a respectable conference bowl record of 4 and 3. Congratulations to the Knights. Hopefully we’ll be talking about the Bearcats bowl game next year at this time.
    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Very impressed that Coach Frost coached them through their big bowl game before heading to Nebraska, unlike the two jokers we had 6-7 years ago. Loyalty goes both ways.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Yes kudos to Coach Frost. He stayed & it turned out great for them & our conference. CBK could have done the same thing but it's only about him & a total lack of class on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
        Yes kudos to Coach Frost. He stayed & it turned out great for them & our conference. CBK could have done the same thing but it's only about him & a total lack of class on his part.
        I'm not so sure this is true; I think Notre Dame had much to say about that.

I wonder if the early signing period made it easier for Frost to make the decision he made.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

I wonder if the early signing period made it easier for Frost to make the decision he made.
          I don't agree, if ND wanted him that bad & he said wait 3 or 4 weeks, do you think they would have not given him the job. He would have still gotten the job!

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Agreed. With the early signing period, most of the recruiting was already a done deal for this coming year and probably made it easier for Frost (and for Nebraska). Plus, giving Frost the chance to have led the only undefeated team at BCS level would help Frost recruiting the ones who weren't fully committed. For all the hoopla over flipping recruits and the early signing period, I think it will still happen. If a recruit is wavering at all, he will sign later and those who sign early were not likely to be flipped.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Kudos to UCF, Navy, Temple, and USF. It''' be interesting if the Playoff expands to 8 because the B!G was left out in the cold. I'm not a fan of an all SEC final, but 'Bama did deserve to get in over tO$U. Even if the Playoff doesn't expand, with so AAC teams on the rise or already nationally prominent, the AAC could get a team in the Playoff at some point.

Comment

I suspect the P5 will basically collude through scheduling and through the CFP committee to keep the G5 schools out of the playoff. I think the NYE6 bowl game is as good as it will get unless the playoff expands to 8. The P5 doesn't want to expand it and would rather be a P4 where they don't have to worry about the smaller schools.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  I suspect the P5 will basically collude through scheduling and through the CFP committee to keep the G5 schools out of the playoff. I think the NYE6 bowl game is as good as it will get unless the playoff expands to 8. The P5 doesn't want to expand it and would rather be a P4 where they don't have to worry about the smaller schools.
                  I agree, they will give it the "eye test" and say we don't pass muster, but if there were a few more upsets (as is likely as the AAC gets stronger), then the computer data and SOS could generate a spot. I think it would require all P5 champions to have 2 losses and the AAC champ undefeated to get into a four-team playoff.

I don't think UCF would've been invited to an 8 team playoff this year. UCF was 12th in Playoff standings and Auburn was 7th. No doubt the system is funded toward P4/5. Though if you look at it, that's because the AAC only had two top teams. With a system geared toward getting as many teams into a Bowl as possible from each conference, it's all about money. Even the Playoff and BCS Championship is about money, not that the March Madness Tourney isn't.

One easy fix, implement a rule that says you must play 80% of your conference opponents, and then the cream will truly rise to the top. Can you imagine an NFL where Dallas didn't even play the Washington Redskins in the regular season? Or at least make it such that you need to play everyone in your division and minimum 10 conference games (5 home, 5 away). I know that means not enough home games...blah blah blah - here's a thought, allow the Spring game to be a true game between BCS and FCS schools where BCS is the host. FCS will take the payout. this will offset losses of home game revenue. Include it in the season ticket package, but call it an exhibition game that doesn't count toward season record. Charge the networks (or other media) through the nose because they now have spring football over a six week period, plus the regular season will have more meaningful games. If they want money and a National Champion, they can get a ton of money this way. They can also avoid an all conference championship by seeding teams such that conference foes must face each other in the semi-finals.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X