NCAA Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Coaching Carousel

CBJ is out at Tenn. They tried to hire Schiano from OSU yesterday and the fans and boosters basically shouted down the AD on Twitter and in public. Back to the drawing board for Tenn.

Florida hired Dan Mullen from Miss St. last night.

TAMU fired Kevin Sumlin and looks to be angling toward Jimbo Fisher.

Nebraska fired Mike Riley and probably have every intention of hiring Scott Frost from UCF. If Frost doesn't go to NU then I think he stays put. Maybe Tenn? Everything I've read says that Frost never moved his family out of Lincoln after he took the Oregon OC position.

Az St. fired Todd Graham. Here's hoping Todd has family somewhere else in the country. Mike Norvell from Memphis might be a candidate there. It's the program he came from before taking the Memphis job.

There are some small schools looking for coaches as well.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Old Beverly Davenport whoofed on the Schiano deal as well from what i've read. Sounds like that deal with Schiano was a done deal until the students started protesting. The Sandusky affair likely nothing but a smokescreen but it worked.

Comment

Maybe it's good that CLF didn't have a great year at UC. With all the jobs out there, he could have been a 1 and done guy if he turned this thing around so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
        Maybe it's good that CLF didn't have a great year at UC. With all the jobs out there, he could have been a 1 and done guy if he turned this thing around so fast.
        Yesssss, praise the lord he is so inept! I am so glad I got to watch cr@p so he could stay another year.

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post

Yesssss, praise the lord he is so inept! I am so glad I got to watch cr@p so he could stay another year.

From a practical standpoint, with this year's roster and schedule you could have had Urban Meyer as the head coach and Gus Malzahn & Nick Saban as his coordinators, and the rest of his staff include Dabo Sweeney, Lincoln Riley & Mark Richt and they probably would have won, at most, 1 more game than this staff did. Not to down the kid because he really tries his butt off, but when a star of your defensive backfield is someone with the skills of a Carter Jacobs, you've simply got real personnel problems.

Comment

Looking like ASU is going to hire Herm Edwards out of the broadcast booth.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tennesee tried for Mike Gundy (again) and offered to double his salary and Gundy has declined. Beverly Davenport and the AD are making a huge mess of things down there. Greg Schiano had a memo of understanding with them before the social media pitchforks came out. Looks like he's going to sue UT. They're doing this without a search firm which is questionable but certainly not unheard of. Their next target is apparently Chad Morris at SMU who would be a good hire but I'm not sure he knows the recruiting area there like he does with his home state of Texas. If they don't get Morris, I'd think Tee Martin would be the choice.

Texas A&M is getting pretty serious about Jimbo FIsher. Fisher has a game to coach still due to hurricane rescheduling.

One reporter is saying Nebraska has made Scott Frost an official offer.

Miss St. is going to hire Joe Moorhead from Penn St from the look of it.

Matt Luke has earned the full time gig at Mississippi

The one school that hasn't come up in the carousel is Texas Tech. Apparently they are going to ride Kilff Kingsbury into the ground.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Looking like ASU is going to hire Herm Edwards out of the broadcast booth.
                Edwards talks a better game than he coaches; both teams (NYJ and KC) he coached got progressively worse as his tenure wore on.

Kingsbury evidently is safe for another year per a crawler I saw while watching a recent game (not a Tx Tech).

Comment

Dave Doeren of NCSU looks like the current move for Tenn. Has a contract offer from UT and a raise from NCSU on the table right now.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And Doeren is staying put. Kevin Sumlin come on down.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just read an interview with Scott Frost by the Orlando Sentinel’s Mike Bianchi. He’s gone, it’s just not official yet. The wording in the interview is all past tense.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Kevin Sumlin is left waiting at the altar. Mike Leach is up for Tenn. Looks like this one might actually get done.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And.... it’s gone. John Currie the AD at UT, has reportedly been fired.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wow, this is just an amazing situation to follow. And to think two ex-UC'ers (Lyle Jones and Beverly Davenport) are both part of the kindling for this dumpster fire. UT's hiring of them were both decisions I could have advised them to avoid.

For fun, follow the Clay Travis account: => https://twitter.com/ClayTravis?ref_s...overage.com%2F

I can explain who Travis is later, if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              And.... it’s gone. John Currie the AD at UT, has reportedly been fired.

Does Davenport try to hire her old buddy Mike Bohn now ?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X