No announcement yet.

East Carolina 11/18 12:00 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed a few things that were just ridiculous in this game. Our linebackers are really bad, as in, they don't know what they are supposed to do on the field! Jalen Minor several times gave up his gap on run plays to over commit and it cost us huge chunks of yards. Same thing with Perry Young. If they just do their jobs and know where they are supposed to be, this wouldn't happen. It's like they are unable to keep themselves disciplined enough to do their job. They end up running up the backs of other guys while the running back hits the gap they just gave up.

The safeties are doing the same thing, and I know how much it's been talked about on here about how they over commit on the run fake, but they don't seem to know where they are supposed to be on the field. Consistently out of position and it's driving me nuts!

The OL is really bad too! Kendal Calhoun's foot work is a big problem. Can't seem to keep the defender in front of him and he keeps getting tripped up on his own feet. The false starts from the Center?!!! C'mon!

I don't know what the fix is, but it's going to be a long offseason for those guys coming back next year. These kids need to be retaught football from the bottom up.

Ugh!

Comment

Interesting comment i heard on Saturday is that our offensive line has given up a very low amount of sacks this year which runs contrary to what we tend to perceive. I don't know if it is so good because of a low amount of possessions or not, but if someone has those stats i'm curious what they tell?

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        Interesting comment i heard on Saturday is that our offensive line has given up a very low amount of sacks this year which runs contrary to what we tend to perceive. I don't know if it is so good because of a low amount of possessions or not, but if someone has those stats i'm curious what they tell?
        I think it's probably low because we throw almost everything to the sideline on screens and short routes which allows no time for pressure to get to the QB.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As it turns out even if we had won this game we wouldn’t have made a bowl. There are 78 slots, not 80 like I thought. There are 79 teams eligible which means no 5-7 teams this year
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X