No announcement yet.

Miami 9/16 8:00ET FOX19/ESPN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch for the SkinHawks to run some trick plays. They always seem to come up with something unusual, like Polecat formations, maybe on-sides kickoffs at odd times, etc.

If the Cats can cut down on mistakes (including the coaches not knowing how to handle 4th down decisions) and don't allow wide open receivers, they should win. I would imagine this would entail a lower scoring event, since UC's offense has had trouble early. Hopefully, Mike Boone will be full-go.

I'll go with my heart over my head: UC 24, MU 19.

Comment

Mike Boone will play. I'm not sure anyone asked Fickell if he would start. If he can't, I think Doaks can handle it if he's also 100%. I'm not sure we'll get the lower scoring game unless our DBs play well.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
        Watch for the SkinHawks to run some trick plays. They always seem to come up with something unusual, like Polecat formations, maybe on-sides kickoffs at odd times, etc.

If the Cats can cut down on mistakes (including the coaches not knowing how to handle 4th down decisions) and don't allow wide open receivers, they should win. I would imagine this would entail a lower scoring event, since UC's offense has had trouble early. Hopefully, Mike Boone will be full-go.

I'll go with my heart over my head: UC 24, MU 19.

Yep, Miami always has several "gadget plays" ready and they're not afraid to use them.
        This game is always tough to predict. If we come out and match their intensity and play smart, mistake free football I like our chances. However, if Moore & the offense struggle again with dropped balls & turnovers, I think Miami prevails easily.

Comment

Mike Boone is in a boot. Not going to play

Comment

After scoring 14 points against one of the nation's top defences last week, I can't believe we only have 3 points going into the 4th quarter. But what else can you expect playing a fellow "Power 7" team? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Can someone tell me know why we did not kick a 28 yard field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter that would have this game tied in the closing 2 minutes.

Comment

I can't believe that comeback! They have grit!
                Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

So different from the last few years where they would last about 3 quarters then get blown out in the 4th. Not nearly as great a game, but it feels like the win over Pitt in 2009.

Comment

Cats win! The victory bell stays in Clifton! Not pretty, but I'll take it.
                    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

The two trips into the red zone with zero points really hurt but the defense kept our Cats in the game. The lack of moving the ball in the red zone leading to a missed field goal and then the terrible interception when they had it first and goal. Moore has not impressed me after three games. A win is a win and to be able to stick with it makes me want to believe in this team. The coaches energy, intensity, and as stated above grit has rubbed off on the players. The team last year would have folded. This defense so far is much better than last years team.
                      http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...win/674216001/
                      Last edited by bearcatbret; 09-17-2017, 12:31 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Wow, what a comeback. That delay of game penalty against Miami, late in the 4th quarter changed everything! Great win UC!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

The Game:
                          I'm sure Miami fans are smarting over this one and talking about how they blew it. For us...we made enough plays to win the game, and that is what it takes. We've had our share of tough losses the last few years, nice to see the Bearcats get away with one.

The Series:
                          I'm not a fan of using PBS for any game unless we can get 55,000+ which we have done only for OSU as far as I can remember, even Oklahoma did not draw 55k by memory, nor WVU when we were both top 20 teams in the BE. I love the trip to Oxford, one of the most beautiful college campuses I've been on, especially in September on a nice day. I guess this puts a little more money in our pocket, but the attendance at PBS will not be great and is not the atmosphere that this game deserves - even if it has been one-sided for the last decade.

Comment

Great Win! Great job by the defense. it's nice having a pass rush again and I didn't think the DB's did a bad job. Even their first quarter touchdown was pretty well covered. Just a great adjustment by the receiver to the ball. The offense is still painful to watch, though. Dropped balls, bad throws, bad routes, misreads of routes and lack of short yardage running is going to kill us over the long haul.

I totally agree with Bearcat-in-Italy about not being a fan of using PBS for this series. Both campuses offer so much more than the sterile PBS environment and a draw of 40K plus is unlikely for this game..

Comment

Crazy comeback. I couldn't believe Miami threw that pick.

Obsevation. Denbrock calls a lot short passes to the wide side of the field. Hayden Moore passes take forever to get there. One of these games somebody's going to jump that route and return one. Moore's still staring down his receivers something fierce when he goes across the middle.
                              Last edited by Lobot; 09-17-2017, 08:53 AM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Crazy comeback. I couldn't believe Miami threw that pick.

Obsevation. Denbrock calls a lot short passes to the wide side of the field. Hayden Moore passes take forever to get there. One of these games somebody's going to jump that route and return one. Moore's still staring down his receivers something fierce when he goes across the middle.
                                Yes except for the the last td throw. He was looking right the whole time then threw it left to a wide open receiver. Amazing how that works!!! I wonder if it finally sunk in.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X