No announcement yet.

Miami 9/16 8:00ET FOX19/ESPN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a great comeback and we'll certainly enjoy keeping the bell for another year. We have to admit, though, that the SkinHawks made three critical errors in the final three minutes.

First, with Miami's hands team on the field, CLF chose to kick deep. The true freshman return man, who was filling in for a player injured late in the game, panicked and brought the ball out of the end zone, then got clobbered at the 5.

Then, Chuck Martin botched his attempt to call time-out with the ball on the 13, third and two. He called the line judge over, as he had the play earlier, and told him he planned to call time-out just before the 40-second clock would run out. But, when it came time to call the time-out, he failed to signal the official. Hence, delay of game. That was huge, forcing Miami to switch from a sure running play to go for the first down, to having to throw.

Finally, Gus Ragland made his first really bad throw of the game and Malik Clements took it to the house. Ball game.

Great atmosphere for this game. PBS can't match it. Still, a whole bunch of people left the stands before the end-game unfolded.

Comment

Lot of fun last night even if it wasn't pretty. Shows why you never quit until it's over. Martin should own up to his mistake which i would chalk up to many games spent in the press box instead of on the sidelines. The coach has to stop the clock at 1 second, 5 seconds, et. al and he knew that which is why he didn't go ballistic. He was pacing by himself that entire time on the sidelines, and simply lost track of his thoughts. I see reasons for optimism on the offensive side as the running game appears to be in good hands with Doaks and Warren being added, and although there are mistakes galore in the passing game the good news is guys are getting free. Honestly i think the interception was the wr's fault as he turned in instead of towards the flag where they play is almost always designed to go. Moore threw it right on the flag which is also where the defender thought it should go. The dropped td not only was a perfect throw, but Moore did a nice job of slipping a rusher to get it off. Obviously, stats and the game go differently if you make those plays which are very fixable. One of the issues i think we have right now is that Moore is not particularly tall, and the wr's the same. The field vision if you're down on the field level during a game is not as easy as it looks. That said, i think the defense thru the first 3 games is like allowing 11/45 on third downs which is why we are 2 and 1. The d coordinator and staff deserve some credit. Tough task next week, but our strength is in the middle so let the game begin.

Comment

Great finish! I hope we can gain confidence, build on this & win a bunch more games this year. H Moore needs to be more productive & not throw into coverage as often as he does. I like our 2 new running backs & the defense is doing a great job. Let's see if we can beat Navy. I certainly hope so.

Comment

I have to pass this along with credit to BCJ for finding this. This is a Miami board melting down from the 4:45 in the 4th qtr mark.

http://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/d...-beat-sucks/p7
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I have to pass this along with credit to BCJ for finding this. This is a Miami board melting down from the 4:45 in the 4th qtr mark.

Ill be honest, that is what our boards sound like last year (justifiably so). We have hope this year because we have CLF now and we are under the hope of rebuilding. However I feel their pain as I am sure we would have written the same things. That being stated, its nice to be on the NON-*ahem'd* side for a change.

BTW you HAVE to signal to the official your TO. Its not automatic. That's part of game management. You can say "I want one with 1 second to go" and you both watch the clock. But you can't ask for it and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel View Post

Ill be honest, that is what our boards sound like last year (justifiably so).
              Don't I know it. Everyone has either been on this board or other boards where epic meltdown threads occur after a loss. Amazing how quickly they went from "rebuild is working" to "fire the coach" though. Reminds me of what we went through on here with Cronin about 2 or 3 years in.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Crazy comeback. I couldn't believe Miami threw that pick.

Obsevation. Denbrock calls a lot short passes to the wide side of the field. Hayden Moore passes take forever to get there. One of these games somebody's going to jump that route and return one. Moore's still staring down his receivers something fierce when he goes across the middle.
                I thought the same thing about his velocity, the ball is in the air a long time!

Now that he is healthy, I'd like to see Ross get a series or two late in game, perhaps with a large margin over Marshall.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

What happened to them on April 11th 2009?
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Miami's hockey team coughed up a 2-goal lead at 1:50 in the 3rd period of the national championship final and lost in OT.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X