Miami 9/16 8:00ET FOX19/ESPN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami 9/16 8:00ET FOX19/ESPN3

Miami is favored by 9.5 in the early line. They are 1-1 with a close loss @ Marshall. They're going to throw the ball around a lot. They're 2:1 pass to run based on the first two games. The guy to stop is WR James Gardner
    Hopefully the Bearcats will get a little bit of passing offense going in this one otherwise we might lose the Victory Bell for the first time in a long while. I think the line will shrink but to be honest they're farther along in the rebuilding process than we are right now. Fans need to show up on the road for this one. Here's your ticket link from Miami. Might be a harder ticket than usual as it's their Homecoming game.

http://ev13.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...ller=&appCode=

Miami Stats:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...stats/_/id/193
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-11-2017, 09:16 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

We have 3 going & I will be happy if we can come away with a win.

Comment

This probably needs it's own thread but they just announced changes to the UC Miami scheduling going forward. In 2018, 2022, 2026 the game will be played at a "neutral site" at PBS.

Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        This probably needs it's own thread but they just announced changes to the UC Miami scheduling going forward. In 2018, 2022, 2026 the game will be played at a "neutral site" at PBS.
        On second thought, this is good for us. Fewer trips to Oxford.
        Last edited by blackattack; 09-11-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Not sure how the schedule lays out but that is good news only if those dates were Oxford dates but makes no sense if they were Nippert dates. Nippert is big enough for this game plus why would we give up home field just to spread the same number of people out in a bigger stadium. How about we fill Nippert regularly first.

Comment

We need to turn out. Get tickets if you do not have them and wear BLACK.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
              Not sure how the schedule lays out but that is good news only if those dates were Oxford dates but makes no sense if they were Nippert dates. Nippert is big enough for this game plus why would we give up home field just to spread the same number of people out in a bigger stadium. How about we fill Nippert regularly first.
              The games in Oxford have been in odd-numbered years for the past several seasons. Next year should have been at Nippert, but will be at PBS.

The three PBS dates are spread out 4 years apart, with only 3 stadiums in the mix. Unless the odd-to-even arrangement is jumbled, UC would lose 4 home games.

Comment

Here's how the extension is laid out on GoBearcats.com

Upcoming Series Dates
                Sept. 16, 2017 at Miami (this week)
                Sept. 8, 2018 at Paul Brown Stadium
                Sept. 14, 2019 at Cincinnati
                Sept. 19, 2020 at Miami
                Sept. 4, 2021 at Cincinnati
                Sept. 17, 2022 at Paul Brown Stadium
                Sept. 16, 2023 at Cincinnati
                Sept. 14, 2024 at Miami
                Sept. 6, 2025 at Cincinnati
                Sept. 19, 2026 at Paul Brown Stadium
                Sept. 11, 2027 at Miami
                Sept. 9, 2028 at Cincinnati
                Sept. 8, 2029 at Miami

I'm not sure why this is being done; where are all the fans going to come from? But the 2022 and 2026 games look like they are scheduled on Octoberfest weekends so that would be nice.

What I really wanted was to play them until we led the series by one game and then drop them like a hot potato. Actually, I like the rivalry; with how some of the other college rivalries are being destroyed by all the realignments it's nice we can keep it going.

Comment

Line is down to 4.5 this morning.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I thought it somewhat humorous, on the local news last night the Miami FB coach said something to the effect, "We're bound to when one of these games, eventually." Well, buddy, this year is your best chance with our team still trying to find its identity and the return of your strong QB.

Comment

I don't like going down to PBS for UC games. I actually enjoy going up to Miami and watching the game. It's always best go up early and plan on walking around Oxford after the game to avoid all of the traffic.

Comment

I agree, why PBS???? I've gone to the Miami game in Oxford for the last 10 years & other than the traffic, it's a good, short road trip. The only thing i can assume is that UC didn't want to go there every other year.

Comment

Actually, traffic isn't that bad to Oxford, if you know the back roads. I also prefer to drive up there, instead of sitting in the concrete monstrosity for three hours.

Comment

These 2 teams look evenly matched except at QB where I think the edge goes to Miami. I don't know anything about Miami's kicker, but I suspect they have an edge there too given our situation.

Comment

Miami is definitely much improved, but seeing how good our defense played against a very good Michigan team, I'm going to go with the Bearcats by 7.

B.C.
                              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X