No announcement yet.

Michigan 9/9 12:00 ABC/ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good showing by the defense. Only gave up 20 points to a bigger offense. As far as our offense, well...they couldn't get out of the way of their shadow. What happened to the Hayden Moore that holds our single game passing record?? Unless his skills have totally left him, we need a QB coach to bring him back. We could also use a big, brusing back to complement Boone and receivers that don't drop passes.

The good news here is that Michigan is probably the best team we will face this year. If we clean up the offensive mistakes perhaps we can actually have a winning season.

Comment

Fun trip, we were well represented, and even in a loss a lot to be encouraged by. I suspect most of us were tgating across from the stadium in the golf course lot which only makes you scratch your head how Burnett Woods sits empty on game days. Entire different matter of a dysfunctional city. The best take of the day from my perspective is our lines on both sides of the ball held their own for the most part. For those of us who's been around for 30 years or so that's great to see as it was not always the case. Again the turnovers really take you out of game, especially when they produce immediate points and possessions. It's hard to really convince yourself that Moore can be a winning qb over the course of the season as he continues to make iffy decisions with the ball with now what is quite a bit of experience. He didn't get any help from his w/r's as several balls including Lewis's deep drop were killers. Michigan wr's made the big catches, and we either didn't make them or Moore was off as in the 3q wide open deep miss. He's got the tools, but under pressure tends to make bad decisions and throws. That comes with the game. Michigan fans were complimentary. Don't think they expected that close of a match. On to Miami. Also thought the offensive coordinator deserved some praise. He/they did a very good job of adjusting things as the game wore on the exploit some things on their defense which is very capable. We just did not execute on offense at the level needed to beat a good team on the road in front of 111k.

Comment

A great effort in a tough environment. The record setting day for Moore against Memhpis was mainly because we had at least 5 very good receivers with great hands. A lot of those passes should not have been thrown.
        He needs to make better decisions & tuck the ball in & run or drop to the ground rather than throw pic 6's. Our defense held up well & if we continue to play like that we can win another 5 or 6 games. CLF needs to
        manage the game a little quicker. That will come in time. I'm impressed with how we handled game day up there.
        Now let's go beat the snot out of Miami.

Comment

Much better showing than I thought, and we had chances to make it much more interesting.....For what it's worth, the game appeared to be to big for Moore......Defense played great for the most part, lot of speed....I know moral victories do not count, but it's a game to build on.

Comment

I have a different take on Moore, and i've seen just about every game he's played, and watched him in practice. He's got a lot of talent, first and foremost. However, if you recall the Memphis performance, he never expected to play in that game. Kiel was the man at that point and he takes the head shot. Moore just went out and played and didn't have anytime to think about it. He appears now to be over thinking things given he's either the starter or in the mix to start. I almost think he needs a sports psychiatrist. His shortcomings right now are mental. It doesn't help having as many different coordinators as he's been under, 3 in 3 years, but his mindset right now from what i see is he's over focused. Needs to simplify things and not worry about making every play a big one. Some guys never master that as the last bad play leads into the next set. We'll see. I look for him to be good Saturday.

Comment

Coach, totally agree that's he overthinking. Some of his errant passes strike me as someone who trying too hard not to screw up.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                I have a different take on Moore, and i've seen just about every game he's played, and watched him in practice. He's got a lot of talent, first and foremost. However, if you recall the Memphis performance, he never expected to play in that game. Kiel was the man at that point and he takes the head shot. Moore just went out and played and didn't have anytime to think about it. He appears now to be over thinking things given he's either the starter or in the mix to start. I almost think he needs a sports psychiatrist. His shortcomings right now are mental. It doesn't help having as many different coordinators as he's been under, 3 in 3 years, but his mindset right now from what i see is he's over focused. Needs to simplify things and not worry about making every play a big one. Some guys never master that as the last bad play leads into the next set. We'll see. I look for him to be good Saturday.

I understand where your coming from, and it might be a combination of overthinking and too many Offensive Coordinators to learn from.....Continuity is the key to any successful Offense & Defense. But? Watching Moore in the game, he looked like a Deer in Headlights.....I thought Moore played scared, but that's just my opinion...Nevertheless , I think the Michigan will help everyone's confidence going forward and I see the Bearcats only getting better.....Next years team will be ready to compete for the league title again....

Comment

Until and unless I know what the routes were, I'll continue to maintain the WRs are more at fault than Hayden Moore. There’s just not much skill there.

As Coach said, it was impressive how both of our lines held their own in the game – that was my greatest concern as we have suffered mightily in the past in these types of games, especially as the game wore on. And our fitness level seems high.

My biggest concerns after the Peay game were penalties and tackling – both issues were obviously addressed last week (and the extra days after a Thursday night game helped) – both areas greatly improved.

I was watching our punter James Smith line up, and screamed at the TV for him to look-up (on the missed snap). It looked as if he was uncomfortable with his positioning and was recounting his step-back (because he was looking down) when the ball was snapped. But for an Aussie, he made a heads-up play by racing back for the ball and pushing it past the endline.

Comment

A freshman punter from anywhere misses that safety play probably 8 out of 10 times. Somebody's coaching him right.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

re: Moore, one thing a lot of us take for granted is previous offenses and qb's had guys like Goodman, Gilyard and Shaq who caught everything that was thrown at them. We really didn't have a guy like that last year, and so far it's open as to whether anyone will step up this year. Everyone hopes it's Lewis, but right now not so much. It's early, and i wouldn't write guys off after two games. However, Fickell was quick to point out that Moore did a lot of really good things as well, and not all of it is on him. Lot of young guys out there, and it takes some time. Good news is they are getting open.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X