No announcement yet.

Michigan 9/9 12:00 ABC/ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a tall order, especially for a road team whose roster includes about 50 frosh, some of whom are being pressed into action. It's hard to tell how good the Cats' offense might be, as the coaches kept it pretty vanilla against APSU.

Moore has to have time to throw the ball and hit any open receivers, who have to do a better job of separating. The O-line can't let him get clobbered.

If UC can move the ball and control some of the clock, they can avoid a brutal blowout. That's going to be hard, especially if UM's D gets to feeding frenzy stage in front of 100K.

I'll predict that the Cats will play much better, with most of the unforced errors controlled. There's not much they'll be able to do about the forced errors, if the Wolverines are playing well.

That said, I'll say the score will be less dreadful than some have predicted, but still not close. Say, 38-10. Leave the stadium with no major injuries and prepare for the Redhawks.

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
      This will also tell us a lot about Fickell. Will he play conservative to try to keep it close for 3 quarters or will he open it up to take a lead for about a 20 minutes to start the game? Either way, I look at this like a preseason game and hope we don't lose anyone to injury. Take the L and come home in one piece, boys.
      I'm not sure he will have the luxury of playing conservative or not. He's likely to face a team that is going to force them to thrown the ball by stacking the box. Expect a heck of a lot of outs and crossing patterns. They will force them to throw the ball, and likely quickly.

Comment

Winning in the Big House is a tall order for nearly every team in the nation, but I am not saying it simply won't happen (100% chance of loss). It's highly unlikely, probably 98% chance of loss. We would've struggled against a Florida team with 10 suspensions. However, on any given gameday...

Our best chance for victory is to connect on a few deep passes when they stack the box. The defense will have to play solid. In the end, I think the Wolverines will overwhelm our team most of the time, but we will get in a few punches.

UM - 35
        UC - 17
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          Winning in the Big House is a tall order for nearly every team in the nation, but I am not saying it simply won't happen (100% chance of loss). It's highly unlikely, probably 98% chance of loss.
          Is this where your 98% came from? If not it's a pretty solid guess.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400935243
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those going to the game, I just got this:
            Good Morning,
            As a friendly reminder to all Bearcats fans who will be traveling to Ann Arbor this weekend, Michigan Stadium institutes a NO BAG POLICY for all home Michigan football games. If you have any questions, please refer to the game day handout that was included in your ticket envelope or visit the game day guide via the link below for more information on the bag policy as well as any additional policies regarding your visit for the UC vs. Michigan game.

MGoBlue.com/stadiumguide

Thank you again for your continued support. Go Bearcats!

Bearcats Ticket Office
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Is this where your 98% came from? If not it's a pretty solid guess.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400935243
              Hadn't seen that...No dissing our players, I based it on the fact that Tubbs simply didn't get recruits that Harbaugh reeled into Ann Arbor.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The announcers called Boone TD penalty bs. Thought it was a throat slash, but he pointed to Cincinnati on the chest...Already some home cooking!
                Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

UC down at halftime 17-7. Missed a 51 yard field goal before half, but will get the ball back.
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Moore had a deer in the headlights look early. Big drive to start 2nd half, he needs to calm down and make some plays.

Comment

He did. Nice catch by Lewis. Wolverine fans a bit stunned. Probably their bettors, too.

Comment

Down by a field goal! Nice TD on first drive!
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Aaaarrgh! Catch the ball!

Comment

Defense did well most of the game. I think it was obvious our offensive players just aren't good enough other than maybe Boone. Too many missed opportunities, we were mostly prepared for the game which is a lot more than I could say about our last coaching staff. We should have had at least 2 more tds on the scoreboard but our players couldn't make wide open opportunities. Makes me hopeful for the next few years with fresh recruits.

Comment

OK, Bearcat-in-Italy is back online! Thank you to the administrators for restoring my access as I'm now living in Germany and could not get on for months. Feels good to be back on Bearcatnews.com! Well, I did not see the game, but was encouraged that in Q3 it was 17-14 AFTER a pick six. Of course we did get a short field which led to one of our TDs, but that is an accomplishment of some degree. No moral victories, but I think it was clearly a respectable showing for 2/3 of the game or so to #8 in the country. UM D accounts for 16 of the 36 points, although there Offense did generate >400 yards. Shows a big gap which is what we all expected.

Comment

I wonder what the score would have been with Tubbs...eekkkk!
                                Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X