St Pete Bowl gets a new name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Pete Bowl gets a new name

Per free lancer Brett McMurphy, The St. Pete Bowl has become the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl. NO I'm not joking. YES that's terrible. Branding fail for sure.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Friday Five: The 'best' things about the new Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl

Yes, you read that right: The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl will be held in St. Petersburg

I get to learn about Gasparilla...
    My initial thought was that it was like sarsaparilla but with gasoline in it. That sounds like a terrible drink, and I don't recommend anybody trying it. But then I thought "maybe it isn't meant to drink." Maybe, just maybe, Gasparilla is some kind of amazing fuel that saves the planet when it's used.
    Unfortunately, that's not the case. It's something better.
    It turns out Gasparilla is the nickname of Jose Gaspar, who is a fictional pirate that plundered the Gulf of Mexico and was based out of southwest Florida. He's also the inspiration for the Gasparilla Pirate Festival that's held every year in Tampa with the first one taking place all the way back in 1904.
    So we're all learning a little something about make believe pirates here today, and it's important to learn. So thank you, Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl for teaching us all a little something.

Comment

And someone thought Gasparilla was meaningful enough to name a bowl after it.....?

Comment

I don't think they've had a good sponsor for this thing yet. This has been the Beef O'Brady and the Bitcoin Bowl already in the past. They play it in Tropicana Field which is laid out for baseball only. Kind of thinking they should fold up shop and go home.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This may be the one bowl that some school might refuse to participate in. That is a truly awful mess of a name. Your school played in ... what was that again? [followed by belly laughs]

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X