Nippert Stadium Possibly For Sale!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nippert Stadium Possibly For Sale!

Don't laugh folks, the Lindners may be "calling in" a special favor for all the millions they have given UC.

Seems that architects are at UC now, trying to figure if Nippert could be converted into a MLS Stadium. This is not a rumor, but the truth. The Linders want this option on the table, along with the idea of building a new stadium in OTR, Newport, or Oakley. The Lindners are spending $50K for this current study on the conversion, so you know they are serious about this as an option.

While a new MSL stadium would cost $200 million, Nippert could be converted for $100 million or less. To make this happen, The Ohio Legislature would have to OK the sale of the stadium. UC gets $100 million in cash, but UC Football becomes a tenant in the "new" modified stadium, and the name will be changed.

I didn't donate several hundred dollars three years ago for the Nippert expansion for UC to then sell the stadium to an outside entity. The decision will be made in the next 90 days. Can't wait for UC FB to be playing in "United Dairy Farmers Stadium". If this should happen, I have been to my last UC FB game.

Mike Bohn, please make up for the giant blunder you made extending Coach TT, by showing some common sense here, by telling them, NO WAY!

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Hmmm. First thing I'd want to know is, source?

And this type of decision wouldn't be Bohn's to make.

I'm in the same boat contribution-wise (for the Nip's expansion) as BC Chris and would be very upset for even a renaming effort.. But this sounds fishy to me.

Comment

Folks, Mo Egger from WLW broke the story. Channel 9 ran the story last night (6/30/17) at 11 p.m. This is not a rumor or joke. Mike Bohn said that talks have not happened, but may... Mo Egger says the architects are already there, scoping out how to modify the place.

My $$ says it will happen, and UC FB will be a tenant at the former Nippert Stadium.

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/fc-cincin...option-for-mls

B.C.
      Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 07-01-2017, 08:27 AM.
      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

from the article:

"It's not that we're obtuse. We understand that there are plenty of our fans and supporters who are out there who want this to work," Berding said. "But to the best of our judgment, the ability to turn Nippert into a soccer-specific stadium is implausible due to some insurmountable challenges."

For those not familiar with FC Cincinnati, Jeff Berding is the President of the team. I think that statement right there kills the sale idea.

I have related questions on Nippert though. We all know that Nippert is a historic landmark to us as UC fans but is it considered one by the state of Ohio or the national registry? I'm thinking it isn't. If it had this designation, would that prevent us from modifying it again? Would we even want that designation in the case it needs to be updated again? Need some architect input on this. Anyone?
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope this never happens.

Comment

If this is serious, Bohn and Pinto must be prepared for a major backlash from fans like me. This is something I could never forgive, and if it happens I won't attend another game there. In three years, as soon as FC loses a few, and tickets 5x more expensive because of MLS affiliation, nobody else will go there for soccer either.

Comment

not going to happen...not even close.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X