OT - Pacific Pro Football League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Pacific Pro Football League

Chew on this one. If it's a success, what's the impact on NCAA football in general and UC in particular?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3201543

Interesting concept. I tend to agree that there are definitely problems with the NCAA and the current system, although I'm not sure that I see this league as the best solution, The odds of getting to the NFL, let alone making an impact in the NFL, are already slim. I would think that even the best prospects know that it can all be over on the next play. A chance at a free education will remain attractive for most. Not sure I see this as having a huge impact on collage football or UC specifically...but I guess time will tell.

Comment

In order for the Pacific Football League to be succesful, they have to make a profit. There will be a TV niche in the summer. I can see this easily taking off into Texas and Florida and somewhere in the Midwest. Four 4-team divisions with minimal travel and two or four game playoff. This will be an easy option for kids coming out os high school without the academics or an immediate need for money. The top talent will not touch it until the semi-Pro league starts putting players in the NFL and starts paying more. 50K is a lot of money, but that doesn't match what universities offer with education, room and board, and the stipends (plus any $100 handshakes that likely still happen).

IF this league takes off and gets many of the 4-5 star recruits, this will be good for UC. It levels the playing field as schools will have to rely on relationships and scouting to find the diamonds in the rough, then they will have to coach the players up to get 4-5 star results. UC has a track record of having the facilities to take a slightly less rated kid in high school and get good results. Our weight room and nutrition programs help the kids become big, strong, and fast men.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X