D1 Commissioners adopt early signing period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Commissioners adopt early signing period

The College Commissioners Association approved an early signing period for football starting this year on Dec. 20. The signing period is open for 72 hours.

Some text is available here: https://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/...93469886218241
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I guess this is okay. I think there are avenues for signers to get out of their NLI if there's a coaching change under this. The upside is that if a school locks down a player in December, there's no chance of another school flipping him if one of their commitments reneges on the them.

Comment

Ugh - I still would prefer it to be in July so the kids can focus on their senior years. If a coach or assistant coach finds great talent and the kids likes the school (not just the coach or athletic program, the whole campus experience), then get it done. This would help out the smaller schools as some three and four star prospects are second choices for the bigger schools when the five star recruits shuffle. They can still get out of the LOI if there is a coaching change. I'll take the pre-Bowl game dates, but it doesn't help the student as much as a pre-season signing period could.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X