Rugby Tackling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby Tackling

I see that they are writing that UC is putting in rugby tackling. It was brought to Ohio State by Chris Ash during the championship season. The open field tackling and stopping runners on a dime became a trademark of that team. I think that set them apart for the NC. Watch the Alabama and especially the Oregon game. It made Darron Lee a first round pick. Glad to see Coach Fick installing it here.

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
    I see that they are writing that UC is putting in rugby tackling. It was brought to Ohio State by Chris Ash during the championship season. The open field tackling and stopping runners on a dime became a trademark of that team. I think that set them apart for the NC. Watch the Alabama and especially the Oregon game. It made Darron Lee a first round pick. Glad to see Coach Fick installing it here.
    And to think that I was opposed to UC hiring CLF. I'm a knucklehead. Shows how little I really know. This guy (CLF) is raising the bar to a level that I didn't think was possible anymore after the Tuberville fiasco.

Comment

Any idea how easy this is to implement? Could this be done in a year? The thought of trying to change a mindset of how you hit a guy in one year from doing it a different way seems like it would be a challenge, given that this seems to become instinct at this stage. Just curious if they would be working with the veterans on this or just start with the new guys on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
        Any idea how easy this is to implement? Could this be done in a year? The thought of trying to change a mindset of how you hit a guy in one year from doing it a different way seems like it would be a challenge, given that this seems to become instinct at this stage. Just curious if they would be working with the veterans on this or just start with the new guys on campus.
        Chris Ash installed it in a year, but Coach Fick was co-defensive cooridator and Lee was one of his guys. First year they used it --- NC---. Fick knows how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post

And to think that I was opposed to UC hiring CLF. I'm a knucklehead. Shows how little I really know. This guy (CLF) is raising the bar to a level that I didn't think was possible anymore after the Tuberville fiasco.
          Well Yeah.Urban didn't keep him just because OSU owed Coach Fick for being the scapegoat after Tressel. Look at all the players (He coached DL & later LBs)he has sent to the pros. Yes they had talent, but he developed it.
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-31-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X