QB position up for grabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB position up for grabs

Fickell has stated that there is an open door at the QB position. We have Moore, Trail, Jake Sopko and newcomer Torrance Gibson. Enquirer is stating that Gibson has to get his associates degree at Cincinnati State in June to be eligible this season.

This is not like the past seasons where Tuberville waffled all over the place to attempt to motivate people at the QB position. I suspect that with Gibson's knowledge of the Fickell's Meyer-esque offense that he would be the choice if he's available to play. I'd like to think that if Gibson's not available and they choose to implement that type of offense that Trail would be first choice as the better running QB.

Sopko's the wildcard. He ran an offense that was all shotgun with an occasional QB run from the option read in HS. The highlights below remind me of the offense Gunner Kiel ran under Gran.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1590426/jake-sopko
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I almost started a new thread on this topic. Moore and Trail are neck and neck so far this season. When will we know who is starting Thursday night? Will the competition spill over into the regular season? I am hoping one guys is "the guy" and gets to play at least part way into the third quarter. This is ideal to me as we need one guy to take the reins and use this game as prep for the rest of the season.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Hayden Moore. Just announced in the Enquirer.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...eay/608446001/

Comment

Nice for Hayden and the team. He has done well and it's okay to have two QB's doing well...I feel for Ross struggling through the injury, but he'll be there if needed. Let's go Bearcats!
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

No real surprise. I bet we'll see all healthy QB's on Thursday.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X