Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC 2017 Schedule

Announcement tomorrow 11:00 AM

Here's your schedule. Lots of early away games and cold weather tailgating in the future.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-f...020917aaa.html
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

All but two are on Saturdays, and both of those are home games. I prefer the Saturday home games.

Comment

The 3 game Away stretch early of Michigan, Miami, and Navy is very concerning. Those could all be losses. I am assuming its gonna take us a little while to get Fick's system implemented. After that I think things are doable and we should be settling in. Gonna be interesting to watch and see if Fick can get TT's left overs to recommit themselves and change the culture.

Comment

AP is not a great early game. 0-11 last year in the FCS. Hopefully, we can come out healthy and work on some things in-game.

Comment

Tulane/SMU/Navy are the intra division games. Thats nice.

Comment

I'm curious if we've EVER played Navy much less in conference. If you know post it while I try and look it up.

Never mind : found it really fast. Navy is 2-0 against us from the 40s and 50s.

http://www.winsipedia.com/navy/vs/cincinnati
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think UC is going to be better than we initially thought. We will have a very mobile, 5 star recruit from O$U at QB, a new 4 star transfer from LSU as a WR, and two O$U transfers on the OL. Gantz and Geraci are both now healthy, and will be back. Mike Boone will also be back, w/ that big line in front of him.

Michigan is a loss, but Miami is beatable, and Navy could be beat. Just as I predicted 4-8 last year this early, my early money says 6-6 next year, w/ a low tier bowl game afterwards.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

We do not have Houston or Memphis on the schedule this year. I am going with 7-5.

Comment

UC will be at least 7-5 with a possible 8-4 record.

Comment

Miami is beatable. Navy is about preparation. Can you prepare for triple option within the time allotted? Can you simulate the offense in practice at the speed that Navy runs it. FIckell has coached against Navy at OSU. That'll help.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Miami is "beatable"? Have we gotten so bad that we are saying Miami of Ohio is "beatable"? Goodness...

Comment

they finish last season very strong and would have beaten us at that point in the season. Yes things have gotten that bad. We have dodged bullets the last few years with them and were ripe to get taken down next year with TT at the helm. Hopefully Fick can reestablish our dominance in that rivalry before we have to take a loss but its not a given for next year especially that early in the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                            they finish last season very strong and would have beaten us at that point in the season. Yes things have gotten that bad. We have dodged bullets the last few years with them and were ripe to get taken down next year with TT at the helm. Hopefully Fick can reestablish our dominance in that rivalry before we have to take a loss but its not a given for next year especially that early in the schedule.

Yep I'm hoping CLF gets us going quickly next year and puts a beat down on the Redhawks. But I'm willing to bet that Mississippi State thought they would handle Miami easily in their bowl game but the opposite happened. Miss State had to block a 30 yd field goal by Miami in the closing seconds to hold on 17-16. However the stat sheet reveals Miami dominated the game; they had 100 more yards offense than Miss State and led them in time of possession 35 to 25 minutes. You can argue that Miss State was a bad team this year and that they probably weren't motivated to play a MAC school, but how do you explain an SEC team getting pushed around like that by a 6-6 MAC team?
                            I wouldn't take anything for granted until CLF and this staff have a chance to get their feet underneath them
                            Last edited by blackattack; 02-15-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-f...tbl-sched.html
                              I was reviewing the schedule and UM is the only game that is not obtainable. No, I am not naive enough to think that we will win all of our games, in fact, I suspect that we will lose 4 games at a minimum. However, being the optimist, this schedule is not threatening and we could be in every game. Everything that I have seen and read since the hiring of Coach LF has made me more excited about this season. I just went through the gobearcat football player highlights and this team is pumped.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X