Nippert Update: Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nippert Update: Video

Scoreboard, video board upgrade coming. No mention of replacing the sound system yet. :twiddles thumbs::

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...t-stadium.html
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Well on 2nd read, the sound system is a maybe.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nippert Stadium

The new scoreboard system will likely include a high-definition scoreboard, sound system and ribbon boards..

Comment

Based on some pics I saw posted yesterday, Nippert is essentially done with the remodel. Turf has been reinstalled although it looked like they still have to repaint the lines. There's obviously more room for play in the horseshoe corners now. The sidelines have more room now that the first few rows of seats have been taken out. The new walls actually look pretty good. I think it will take some time to get used to the corners but in 10 years we'll probably wonder how players ever survived that end zone.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Where were the pix posted? Would like to see. Sounds good.

Comment

There were several but this is the best one I could find. There are more on Tom's feed.

https://twitter.com/Tommy_G/status/844994440821424128
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I got to Nippert early last night to check out the changes on the field/stands.

On the sidelines, only two rows were taken out (to widen the field for Euro-fb); I had hoped it would have been one or two more because the older-Nippert's first few rows were nearly useless because they were at ground level behind the teams and others standing around. I wanted the "first" row to be higher. And on the current first row, formerly known as Row 3, the top of the wall is nearly at eye level, which I thought was odd.

The cut-outs in the south end zone (with 8 rows removed out of 5 sections - 2 and 1/2 from the SE corner and the same from the SW corner) looked awkward, but the Euro-fb'ers won't notice during their games, and when the portable stands are inserted during real football I don't think we'll notice it as much either.

The cut-out looks strange, but it's what was needed for the south end-lines.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X