Mike Denbrock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Denbrock

The reports are that he is the new OC. He was OC and play caller at ND and former roommate of Brian Kelly. It is interesting to note that his co-oc, Mike Sanford, Jr went on to become HC at Western Kentucky. ND had a slip in offensive production this year and BK has been making changes. Some ND publications has speculated that BK would start to call the plays. To Denbrock's credit he has produced many nfl tight ends and is know as a very good recruiter. Luke does know him from last year's bowl game and the ND offense in 2015 was pretty good. Of course, he did have Will Fuller. Denbrock was stuck with the two quarterback situational which the bearcats might have next year. I know that my son-in-law is a big ND fan and he was not happy with ND this year (was anybody). BK appears to be cleaning house this off season. I guess to keep his job for one more year. It doesn't seem like a lateral move. One can hope for the best and trust Luke.

An uptempo offense. Maybe a graduate QB transfer? Should be a great addition to the Bearcat Football Family.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

That graduate qb may also follow his qb coach at ND who works at WKU now. BK has always been good at recommending transfers go to UC though.

Comment

MIke's a very good coach. Interesting leaving ND for UC. Kelly's days may be coming quicker than expected. ND's loss is UC's gain.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          MIke's a very good coach. Interesting leaving ND for UC. Kelly's days may be coming quicker than expected. ND's loss is UC's gain.

Coach,

Since ND has no bowl game, I would think that ND would have fired BK already. BK is cleaning house to save his job perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
            Any NS (noter shame) loss is celebrated, though only barely less than tO$U. This whole thing is losses for both and big gains for us.

Comment

And the Catholic connection continues. That's a good thing for UC football as maybe we will be able to make some small recruiting inroads with the GCL schools in Cincy. Can't hurt. Now we just need CLF to go hire St X coach Steve Specht, Moeller coach John Rodenberg or LaSalle coach Jim Hilvert. With Miami's resurgence locally we're going to need every advantage we can get on the recruiting trail
              Last edited by blackattack; 12-28-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                And the Catholic connection continues. That's a good thing for UC football as maybe we will be able to make some small recruiting inroads with the GCL schools in Cincy. Can't hurt. Now we just need CLF to go hire St X coach Steve Specht, Moeller coach John Rodenberg or LaSalle coach Jim Hilvert. With Miami's resurgence locally we're going to need every advantage we can get on the recruiting trail

I said before, let Luke get his own KC. Any one of those three would be a great get. With this hire of Dembrock, that should put the EW to UC rumors to rest. It is interesting that Miami's HC Chuck Martin is another Grand Valley coach and was OC at ND before he went to the redskins ( always will be the redskins to me).

Comment

It appears that Pete Thamel at SI may have jumped the gun on this. Footballscoop.com reporting that Denbrock has stated that he is not accepting another position "at this time" .
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

On other other hand Notre Dame 247 reporting that he's leaving. Who knows. Sounds like we're trying to hammer out details.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thamel now reporting that Denbrock has informed ND he's leaving for UC.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think he's officially signed. It was reported in the Cincinnati Enquirer- still awaiting media outlets to confirm. I think Mike will grow an already strong Indiana recruiting area.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                          I think he's officially signed. It was reported in the Cincinnati Enquirer- still awaiting media outlets to confirm. I think Mike will grow an already strong Indiana recruiting area.
                          Here's the article: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ator/95985078/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think this is a great hire! I thought ND had some good offense last year, but couldn't stop anyone on defense.

I wonder if there was a falling out with BK, since he wasn't going to making the calls anymore.
                            Last edited by CroninCrazy; 12-30-2016, 03:35 PM.
                            Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Well if someone takes away your play calling authority you've basically been demoted. SO, yeah I think if I were in Denbrock's siutation I would have left also. ND hired Memphis's OC to replace him less than 24 hours later.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X