No announcement yet.

Coach Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't miss it so much I as I forgot to post it. Worked out well all things considered. Friday was his last day at UC and he got nailed for what sounds like a terrible DUI citation in Indiana that following weekend. He posted an apology and stated that he was under the limit but accidentally turned down a one way street and got caught. Oh well as of last week he's not our problem.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Someone post on twitter, "Gerad Parker resigned late Friday afternoon, and didn't depart in the most wholesome manner". Has anyone heard anything about his departure?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat_joe View Post
        Someone post on twitter, "Gerad Parker resigned late Friday afternoon, and didn't depart in the most wholesome manner". Has anyone heard anything about his departure?

I think that's probably a misunderstanding of the events that occurred but if someone was ticked at him for leaving I can understand why.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hot rumor: Gino Guidugli is the new RB coach. Held the same position for a few years at Central Mich before getting promoted to Co-OC and QB coach in the offseason.
          Last edited by Lobot; 02-25-2017, 10:45 AM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Hot rumor: Gino Guidugli is the new RB coach. Held the same position for a few years at Central Mich before getting promoted to Co-OC and QB coach in the offseason.
            Wow, would that be something cool. Attended a Coach Fickell and coaching staff "Meet and Greet" Thursday night before Memphis game. Each of the coaches said a few words. I was very impressed by the staff. All seemed very personable and well-spoken. I am definitely hoping for special things to happen in the next couple of years.

John

Comment

Did he get let go at Cmu? It seems odd a young coach would ditch an oc job for a position job at a non big p5 job.

Comment

To my knowledge he has not been let go at CMU. This could be a lot of things. Pay raise, closer to home and family. I've been following him for quite sometime on Twitter and he has not tipped anything about this from his end. CMU is currently recruiting some of our local offers right now. Could be as simple as a recruiting move by Fickell.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rumor confirmed by Jim Costa at ESPN, a CMU alum.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

How cool for Gino! Welcome home!
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Gino's hire was made official yesterday afternoon.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...tice/98776012/ A pretty decent article on coach and the team.

Comment

Late notice (I just found out myself), but if you want to hear Coach Fickell speak, he'll be at the UC Faithful "Luncheon" today at Noon. "Luncheon" because they'll have no food today but you're, I assume just today, allowed to bring your own. It appears they've changed their time also; it does start at Noon instead of 11:30 AM.

This all takes place in the Lindner Center in the 2nd floor football meeting room. The UCF has a fee of $3 for just attending.

Comment

Interesting note. Pickerington North HC Tom Phillips will be coming to UC as an asst. according to the PNHS AD. H/T Mike Dyer.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tome Phillips is the brother of Doug Phillips, Special Teams Coach.

After 10 seasons as Pickerington High School North football coach, Tom Phillips is stepping down to become an assistant coach at the University of Cincinnati, athletics director Molly Feesler confirmed. The move first was announced on the North football team’s Twitter account March 29. Under Phillips, North went 70-39 and made four playoff appearances. Last season, the Panthers were the seventh seed for the Division I, Region 3 playoffs but upset second-seeded Hilliard Bradley 49-21 in a

Comment

From ESPN - Good hype article about CLF and the team. http://www.espn.com/college-football...cats-attention

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X