No announcement yet.

Coach Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This staff seems high powered and tOSU influenced. I am getting excited for the team again. It is what the cats needed. Now let's score a TD.

Comment

I can tell you he likes to blitz. Looks like UVA fans were pretty unhappy with him because the blitzing usually failed. Not sure if that's really on Tenuta or on UVA's talent level. He preceded Bob Diaco as DC of at ND under Charlie Weis and was not retained when Kelly took over there. I'm guessing LB coach here or Co-DC?
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Never mind, Freeman has the LBs. DBs is open still though.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          This staff seems high powered and tOSU influenced. I am getting excited for the team again. It is what the cats needed. Now let's score a TD.
          Oh C;mon, we can win with field goals if the defense is that good. sarcasm - definitely need coaches to help the players live up to their potentials and in game play calling to improve.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

OSU took out a full page ad in the Enquirer this morning thanking FIckell for his years of service..

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...g-luke-fickell
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              OSU took out a full page ad in the Enquirer this morning thanking FIckell for his years of service..

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...g-luke-fickell

I saw that. Very classy of tOSU.

Comment

If Twitter is correct, Fickell is bringing in current Oline coach Ron Crook from Wv which in my eyes would be another great catch. He's been a number of places and from what i've seen has done a great job both recruiting and coaching for them the past couple years before coming over from Stanford. I think Holgerson brought in a new oc from ok st or somehwere out there and he was a former o line coach so i guess it was somewhat of a stylistic or personality difference. Our gain is their loss from Wv fans i know, not happy about this at all. I think he may have been a ga here early in his career.

Comment

Several WV reporters saying Crook has accepted the offer to come here.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                    If Twitter is correct, Fickell is bringing in current Oline coach Ron Crook from Wv which in my eyes would be another great catch. He's been a number of places and from what i've seen has done a great job both recruiting and coaching for them the past couple years before coming over from Stanford. I think Holgerson brought in a new oc from ok st or somehwere out there and he was a former o line coach so i guess it was somewhat of a stylistic or personality difference. Our gain is their loss from Wv fans i know, not happy about this at all. I think he may have been a ga here early in his career.

Yep. I like this hire a lot. Keep em coming CLF !

Comment

From Gobearcats: http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-f...011017aab.html
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I saw that. Very classy of tOSU.
                        Not classy... totally done for recruiting. They wanted to show that they're still the 'big' school in the state and have people in SW Ohio think - gee, those guys in Columbus aren't so bad. If they really wanted to thank LF, they would have done an article in Columbus and given him a really nice going away Harley or something...

Comment

Originally posted by RockOfTruth View Post

Not classy... totally done for recruiting. They wanted to show that they're still the 'big' school in the state and have people in SW Ohio think - gee, those guys in Columbus aren't so bad. If they really wanted to thank LF, they would have done an article in Columbus and given him a really nice going away Harley or something...
                          Agree completely. This was completely self serving for tO$U. I live outside Columbus, in it's media market, and the local news stations have mentioned Fickell leaving for UC, but that's about it. It is not the image that they are trying to portray in Cincinnati about how they wish Fickell success.

Comment

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-f...011117aaa.html Confirming the additions of Joker Phillips, Jon Tenuta, and Doug Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Agree completely. This was completely self serving for tO$U. I live outside Columbus, in it's media market, and the local news stations have mentioned Fickell leaving for UC, but that's about it. It is not the image that they are trying to portray in Cincinnati about how they wish Fickell success.
                              It is funny how the fans at tOSU are giving lots of love to CLF. He filled the gap during one of the darkest times in their history. He was kept on after being HC. The people there love him. Of course they wouldn't go on and on about him in C_BUS as the need for the thanks was in Cincy (where he is currently living & working). CLF will always have an honored place with tOSU and I believe the powers there rightfully recognized that. Everything in this world isn't always negative.

Comment

Tenuta, Collins and Phillips have been officially announced as assts.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X