Coach Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Fickell

Since the search is over a thread reboot was overdue.

Here's this morning's article on Coach Fickell from the Enquirer.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...-win/95478110/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

A pretty good read on the new coach.
    http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...departure.html

Comment

This is worth reading from Bill Koch about Coach Fickell. Pay close attention to the data anlaytics part. It's interesting. They ran an algorithm 100,000 times to simulate who would have the best chance of the candidates they were looking at. That wasn't the whole selection process but the algorithm chose Fickell.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-f...121416aab.html
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm here in the heart of Buckeye country. The Ohio State faithful speak very highly of Fickell praising the decision to make him UC's head coach. The more I think about this, I'm glad Bohn et al. didn't chase one of the names in the sports new media. Seems those go south all too often. After all how many times has Kiffin flopped? A good character guy that is flying under the radar with connections to the sport's elite coaches combined with regional roots makes a lot of sense given where the UC program is at the moment. After all, UC is not going head-to-head with Ohio State and Notre Dame for recruits. But Fickell should be able to steal a few away from (or keep a few from leaving for) Kentucky, Purdue, Pitt and maybe even Louisville. That alone will elevate the program's odds of dominating the conference.
        Last edited by Binturong05; 12-17-2016, 11:56 PM.
        "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Pete Thamel at SI with the spotlight article on Fickell this morning.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...w_twitter_sicr
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Post From Fansided:

http://fansided.com/2016/12/20/best-...-hires-2016/4/

Comment

Good piece from ESPN. http://www.espn.com/college-football...e-luke-fickell

Comment

Tubberville leaving up Butch Jones core values? WOW! Terrible hire.
                My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

I really hope Ohio State loses to Clemson on Saturday. The guy needs to do a lot at Cincy, so it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                    I really hope Ohio State loses to Clemson on Saturday. The guy needs to do a lot at Cincy, so it seems.

Among other reasons . . . . . .

Comment

True dat !!

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                        True dat !!
                        true no. Much can be accomplished with recruits by flashing championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                          Tubberville leaving up Butch Jones core values? WOW! Terrible hire.

I don't blame CLF for questioning this, as I think it is fair to understand the history

Nor do I necessarily blame CTT for leaving this on the wall

What are the "Core Values" that were displayed? Integrity? Respect? Hard Work?

Just guessing this part of the article is really a non-story

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                            true no. Much can be accomplished with recruits by flashing championship rings.

True, yes. Fickell already has championship rings. The recruits he'll be tracking down, particularly those from Ohio, already know of him and certainly of the Buckeyes' historical success.

I have three reasons for tO$U to lose:

1. It will allow Fickell to dive in full time a week earlier;
                            2. I like Clemson;
                            3. I don't care at all for his present employer.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

True, yes. Fickell already has championship rings. The recruits he'll be tracking down, particularly those from Ohio, already know of him and certainly of the Buckeyes' historical success.

I have three reasons for tO$U to lose:

1. It will allow Fickell to dive in full time a week earlier;
                              2. I like Clemson;
                              3. I don't care at all for his present employer.

The more rings the merrier. Some junior in Hs doesn't remember two years ago very well. Think of the publicity that UC will get with the announcers constantly reminding kids that Luke is the new coach at UC.

About not caring for his new employer. Geesh tOSU developed, trained and matured Luke. He is the embodiment of tOSU. If you hate them, you have to not be happy with Luke. Plus an UC alum works for tOSU football team.
                              Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-29-2016, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X