Tommy Tuberville to resign as Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Tuberville to resign as Head Coach

According to SI's Pete Thamel sources say Tommy Tuberville will resign as head coach. Announcement coming later today.
    Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville is resigning as the Bearcats coach, according to a source. Tuberville went 29–22 in four seasons with the Bearcats b

Football scoop is reporting the same now.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Christmas came early everyone! Now let the speculation begin on who will be our next coach. Hopefully they hit a home run with the next BK even if he only stays 3-4years

Comment

If true, I am glad for the team. It is sad thinking that with his hire, we had such high expectations for the team. Here is hoping that the new hire will bring respect and winning ways back to the team. I am not sure if I want to see exciting offense or a stout defense. A lot of both will be nice. I wonder what went on behind the closed doors to pull this off and what it took. Anyways, I am happy again for the future of this program and wish the new coach all the best. It really sucked seeing how low the cats sunk the last couple of years. We need some real positive influence and energy coming from our new coach.

Where I would love to see the excitement of a BK type, the rock solidness of a Mark Dantonio might be the answer. Heck go for the points.

Go cats
        Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-04-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

To rip-off a quote from politics...Our long national nightmare is over...
          Last edited by JohnFrancis; 12-04-2016, 01:23 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

uc just confirmed it!

Comment

ESPN is saying PJ Fleck of Western Michigan is on the shortlist, which would be awesome! Also Brohm of WKU Brown of Troy. I'm sure Kerry Combs name will get thrown around.

Comment

Some of the details coming out are that Tuberville resigned and will get the 1.5 million dollar buyout. Kudos to Bohn for getting this done a few days early so we have a shot at some of the names in the field. I"m hearing all sorts of stuff on candidates but Fleck and Brohm, Sattterfield (App St) ,Brown (Troy) seem to be coming up a lot. The other name that keeps coming up and really IMO should not be, is Kerry Coombs. Not hearing a lot on Charlie Strong right now either. Sounds like we will be going for an offensive mind this time around.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

TT, although a very poor fit here at UC, is a decent guy whom I wish nothing but the best for. Time to move on now!

B.C.
                  "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

What are the odds they already have a deal for a new coach? Bohn's stock would soar if this was the case. Bball game tunite. Never know.

Comment

According to Jody Demling in Louisville, We have already made contact with Brohm.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Coach, at least give the new coach a chance to finish having dinner with his old recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Some of the details coming out are that Tuberville resigned and will get the 1.5 million dollar buyout. Kudos to Bohn for getting this done a few days early so we have a shot at some of the names in the field. I"m hearing all sorts of stuff on candidates but Fleck and Brohm, Sattterfield (App St) ,Brown (Troy) seem to be coming up a lot. The other name that keeps coming up and really IMO should not be, is Kerry Coombs. Not hearing a lot on Charlie Strong right now either. Sounds like we will be going for an offensive mind this time around.
                          Right about Kerry Coombs. I get tired of media types around here always stressing local ties. If he deserves the job give it to him, but don't give any extra consideration because of his local ties. By the way, he really hasn't done enough to earn this job.

Comment

Beverly Davenport statement

"Coach Tommy Tuberville is an icon in college football coaching. We appreciate all he has done for the University of Cincinnati football program and wish him and his family the very best. I have total confidence in Athletics Director Mike Bohn to find our next football coach, and I will be working with him every step of the way as we move forward in the process."

http://www.uc.edu/news/NR.aspx?id=24370

Comment

This decision had to be made. For whatever reason, CTT did not get the job done. I thought this was a great hire when it happened. I've spoken to many players' parents & they stated their sons really like playing
                              for CTT. Hopefully whatever he does next, I hope he has a lot of success.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X