Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
    I think we Bearcat faithful should brace ourselves for a 1 and 3 start in 2017 with losses to Marshall, Miami (OH), and obviously Michigan. I am being realistic looking at the coaching and recruiting of these programs over the last couple of years. We are looking at a 2 to 3 year rebuild to respectability IMO.
    I agree that we're looking at a 2-3 year rebuild. If we don't recruit a serviceable QB soon (or coach up one of the guys on our current roster) then the rebuild is going to be particularly painful.
    Although it's way to early to speculate about next year, I agree with you about Miami (OH) and Michigan being loses next year.
    For those that aren't aware, Miami's not the same team that we barely slipped past this year. When Moeller product Gus Ragland took over at QB (after their game against us) Miami reeled off 6 in a row and really outplayed Miss State in their bowl game. Ragland is a very heady, poised QB, and he's only a sophomore. Also, I mentioned this the week of our game against Miami, but if you look at Miami's 2 deep depth chart there's only 2 seniors........the rest are mostly sophomores. Chuck Martin has rebuilt Miami in much the same way that Dantonio did here........with under the radar Midwest kids. Make no mistake, Miami is back.
    Last edited by blackattack; 01-02-2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

You guys crack me up. You're conceding a loss to a team we've beaten God knows how many times in a row because they managed to win 6 in a row to go 500. It's the mac folks, did you even play football. Give Fickell a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        You guys crack me up. You're conceding a loss to a team we've beaten God knows how many times in a row because they managed to win 6 in a row to go 500. It's the mac folks, did you even play football. Give Fickell a chance.
        I didn't say Miami was going to run us off the field. I said I thought they would beat us. If youve been keeping track you know that we have beat Miami in each of the last 3 years by 7 or less.........yes the Miami from the MAC conference we have struggled with.
        Btw.....Fickell won't be coaching a team full of tOSU recruits next year. He'll be coaching the squad that Tubberville left him. IMHO thats going to be his biggest adjustment here. For the first time in his career he won't have the luxury of having blue chippers 3 deep at every position.
        Last edited by blackattack; 01-03-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post

I didn't say Miami was going to run us off the field. I said I thought they would beat us. If youve been keeping track you know that we have beat Miami in each of the last 3 years by 7 or less.........yes the Miami from the MAC conference we have struggled with.
          Btw.....Fickell won't be coaching a team full of tOSU recruits next year. He'll be coaching the squad that Tubberville left him. IMHO thats going to be his biggest adjustment here. For the first time in his career he won't have the luxury of having blue chippers 3 deep at every position.
          Subtracting Tubs from the equation should be worth an extra 14 points.
          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

The winner of the PJ Fleck derby is Minnesota. They are finalizing a deal today. Guess he really wanted P5 and didn't care which one. Maybe Tyrone Chambers will flip back to us.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Minnesota, where coaches go to kill their career. Good luck in the frozen tundra.

Comment

Okay, I'll give my take on this. Yes Minnesota has a track record if finishing back in the pack in the B1G, So why take this job? 2 reasons.

1) It's a P5 job with P5 money.
                2) He's separated from his first wife and remarried but his kids live in Michigan. Minnesota is a lot closer than some of the other P5 openings that presented themselves and most of those openings that he had a reasonable shot at were Not P5 such as UC and Houston.

Purdue would have probably been the best fit geographically for him and they went in another direction. So this is what was left and convenient for his family.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He's also losing some key players at WM. Clock is ticking.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                    Minnesota, where coaches go to kill their career. Good luck in the frozen tundra.
                    What coach said, I agree

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

What coach said, I agree
                      And I second what Coach said. Minnesota is a tough place to recruit to.

Comment

Row the Boat is copyrighted by WMU. New mantra possibilities include Build the Dam and Plow the Snow. Time to fire up the Butch Jones BS generator again?
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post

And I second what Coach said. Minnesota is a tough place to recruit to.
                          He wanted a P5 school and he took one of the worst out there. In a year, we'll be saying PJ Fleck is who again? Good night Irene!

Comment

Ken Niumatololo at Navy is a finalist at Cal. Personally when I think of Cal I think of Tedford's passing offense and really good running backs. Triple option not so much but Coach Ken is a pretty good coach.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm surprised Chip Kelly hasn't been grabbed by Cal.
                              RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X