• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium changes

Looks like they want to hollow out the home side corner of the horsehoe:

http://www.cincinnativseveryone.com/...ill-look-like/

http://bearcatnews.com/core/image/pn...AASUVORK5CYII=
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-23-2016, 11:17 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Stinks, stinks, stinks. How many seats will be lost? I hate to say this, but Soccer is a trendy deal right now that won't last. Soccer here will be defunct in 2-3 years.

Comment

Easy there, oldtimingfan. The way football is trending right now, the odds are in favor of ONLY soccer being played at Nippert in a few years. I kid but only a little.. I would not bet against FC Cincy averaging more fans than the bearcats next season.

Comment

Total BullSh_t, to change the stadium. Let them go play at PBS. Leave Nippert alone!!!

Comment

I'm not totally a fan of this either but it's revenue flow that benefits the University and the surrounding retailers. However, if it doesn't end in the promised sound system and scoreboard upgrades, whoever negotiated this deal can go away.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Enquirer says 1200 seats lost. That moves it back under 40,000. I just can't believe they would do this. Fire Mike Bohn.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...fety/94337172/
            Last edited by longtimefan; 11-23-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

The 90 year plus footprint (horseshoe) will be history. Mike Bohn is not the AD we need. First, his extending CTT last year to four more years, and secondly, for caving to the Lindner money, and putting the needs of a "for profit" soccer club ahead of the UC FB program.

No doubt, the lower rows were too low, and to remove a few rows is OK, but now we are under 40K in stadium seating, and our stadium is slowly, but surely changing into something we won't like. Look at the pictures, it is UGLY and it doesn't even look like a football stadium with big pieces of stands cut out!!!!

Heck, $82 million spent, and there are not enough restrooms, concession stands, etc... Walk by the porta-potties when there is a big crowd..... STINKY!!!!

Maybe UC should just turn over Nippert to FC Cincinnati, and we should drop down to D-III, as that is the kind of crowds we will be getting next year under the current AD and his stooge, CTT.

B.C.
              **Never been so pissed off ever, and I mean that
              Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 11-23-2016, 06:35 PM.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                **Never been so pissed off ever, and I mean that
                Me too. Fire Mike Bohn and anybody else responsible for this.

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
                  Easy there, oldtimingfan. The way football is trending right now, the odds are in favor of ONLY soccer being played at Nippert in a few years. I kid but only a little.. I would not bet against FC Cincy averaging more fans than the bearcats next season.
                  Completely agree. I don't like the changes to the stadium but I'm a realist. We've essentially been locked out of the P5. That ship has sailed. I don't like it but football at UC is probably going to be de-emphasized going forward.
                  Making Nippert home to big time soccer is probably good for the university (even though I'm personally somewhat lukewarm about the sport).

Comment

In case you wanted to know what this will look like when they are done.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ings/95123468/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      In case you wanted to know what this will look like when they are done.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ings/95123468/

I received a letter this week from Mike Bohn in regards to the stadium changes. My 6 seats (in Section 110 Row 32) will be "impacted" by the changes and therefore have to be moved. Bohn gave me the name of a person to call in the ticket office that would assist me. So far I have called that person 3 times and left voicemails. Still no response. I'm patient though. We'll see how this goes.

Comment

There is not a football stadium in the USA that has such a funky footprint as the "new" Nippert Stadium. FC Cincinnati is getting a better deal than Mike Brown did w/ PBS, and that's saying something!

Not happy about this at all, although removing a few bottom rows of seats, due to viewing obstruction, probably will work out fine.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

GoBearcats has announced Phase II of the scoreboard. Finally, a sound system upgrade!
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X