PBS versus Nippert for future games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS versus Nippert for future games

The future looks to have some really nice non-conference games in store through 2020. The link below will allow you to select year as far back as 2008 and forward through 2020. It looks like all home games are scheduled for the Nip BYU (2016) and UCLA (2019), We've played at PBS for both conference (WVU) and non-conference games (OU and O$U).

Do you think we may be asked to move any games to a "bigger venue"? We go to Nebraska and Michigan (I'm pretty sure there aren't return games for those two). Any thoughts?

The other nice thing, it looks like we've been able to lock in early season dates for the non-conference games. Much better than a Nov game against Illinois.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-17/2...l-schedule.php
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

My thoughts: if you are a player, you dictate terms and don't get pushed around by conference wishes or TV. We draw 40k for those games at the Nip and probably win. We might draw 45k maybe 50k at PB and lose because of the lost environment and home field advantage. You make the call!

Comment

Nebraska will play at Cincy in 2025 http://www.cornnation.com/2013/7/18/...r-football-and

Comment

This is my perspective on this and you can blast me if you want to.

Play at Nippert exclusively. If the Big 12 can handle Amon Carter at TCU at 38K they can handle Nippert just fine at 40K. You sell it out. The next time around on home and home the Athletic Dept. puts a premium price on the games that sold out. Any profit from inflated ticket sales goes back into the football team and basketball team (and by trickle down, every other sport). Whole dept. profits from increased ticket revenue from football. This will also be the case after 5/3 retrofits.

Is this a good thing for the little guy? No, definitely not, but this is the trend in live sports events in general and it will probably continue no matter what we think for better or for worse.

Last edited by Lobot; 07-21-2016, 06:50 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I agree. If they ever play at PB again it will be too soon. Terrible for tailgating and home field advantage forfeited. Extra ticket revenue potential is offset by extra costs and lost fan experience. The key is selling out at the Nip and I think they would for these games, provided we were still competitive. Crowds less than sellouts were not be well received in a new conference. Your premium ticket concept has some merit but I'm not sure how well it would be received. Seems like the same core group of people keep getting pinched for more. Expanding the fan base would be preferred. I hope constant sellouts would force the issue to further expand the Nip rather than seek a larger venue like PB. Somehow though we need to parlay demand for tickets into more money, either through higher prices or increased supply.

Comment

I do not want the Bearcats to ever play at PBS again. If a team won't play us in our Nippert Stadium, then we don't need to play them. In addition, a conference cannot tell us where we should play our games.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X