More changes at Nippert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More changes at Nippert

Sideline area is being expanded via removing first 5 rows of seats and seats will be added in the horseshoe on the field. Haven't confirmed this but I suspect the band will be moved onto the field in the horseshoe endzone thus clearing a section for more ticket holders and leveling off the capacity at 40K again.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...nges/83597078/
    Last edited by Lobot; 04-27-2016, 05:51 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

UC is getting virtually nothing from FC Cincinnati. $5K per game in rent? I feel like the best interests of that soccer team are overtaking the best interest of UC Football, and that it is becoming "their stadium". I do agree that the lowest 5 rows were worthless, as they (unlike new stadiums) were almost at field level, and you couldn't see anything if seated there.

Note to FC Cincinnati: Demand UC put more "men's potties" on the westside of the stadium.

B.C.
    Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 04-28-2016, 07:39 AM.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I don't like it, especially if it takes away from the looks of Nippert. I disagree about the 1st 5 rows. On packed games, people do sit in those seats even though they don't have a great view.
      Leave Nippert alone!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
        I don't like it, especially if it takes away from the looks of Nippert. I disagree about the 1st 5 rows. On packed games, people do sit in those seats even though they don't have a great view.
        Leave Nippert alone!
        You are right. It will be more of an "oval" shaped field, and not look like a football field. Nippert's nearly 100 year old "footprint" will be gone.

Mike Bohn, you continue to make bad decisions, and I not sure who is hurting UC FB more, you or "phone it in" CTT.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I think everyone here probably knows this but those first 5 rows are the usually last seats sold and are often reserved for recruiting visitors and youth teams. They definitely do sell them but it takes a sell out in most cases to use them.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I have no problems with these changes, provided the capacity isn't reduced dramatically. FFC is footing the bill for every change.

While the rent appears low, that's money that wasn't coming into the coffers before. Nippert stands empty most of the year, except for frisbee tossing & pickup football games.

I would believe that UC keeps the parking fees. I'm not sure about concessions, although the workers at the last FCC game wore UC shirts.

Unlike a lot of football fans (particularly in my age range, AKA 66), who scowl at soccer, I thoroughly enjoy the sport & will attend again. It was a great atmosphere.

If Nippert can draw a Men's or Women's national team game, or a Euro friendly, the rent will be higher & the Nip will be packed.

Comment

This email response from Mike Bohn may alleviate fears and explain the actual impact. I'm happy to hear original design and appearance will be maintained:
              thank you for your candid note. I am disappointed that we have not clearly informed you and other posters on our plans for the stadium. We are working hard to improve our treasured stadium. We have space issues on the north end zone and are exploring two rows being removed and the walls being restored to original design and appearance.

Related to budget efforts, we are very proud of our efficiencies and revenue enhancements through relationships that have been built over the past 27 months. I would be happy to share any aspect of our operation with you and your Bearcat friends

We appreciate your suppoet and interest in the program. We will keep working hard to earn and keep you as a fan!

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Folks, you have to remember where a lot of money came from to get the Varsity Village/Nippert renovations. Connect the dots, relax. When you start donating seven or eight figure amounts of money, then you should worry about the first 5 rows which are almost always not filled.

Comment

I believe that those who do not like the proposed changes are not looking at the larger picture. Many folks were upset at UC utilizing Paul Brown in part because we had to pay them to do so. Folks were irritated Mike Brown didn't give us some sort of "freebie". We now have a professional team interested in using our stadium. This brings money into the coffers. While it is only $5,000 per game now, it also comes with a $20,000 yearly rent. While this is paltry money in the grand scheme of multi-million dollar athletics, it IS something that is not nothing. Those payments will also increase if the soccer team continues to draw well. The soccer club is looking to turn themselves into a Major League Soccer team. MLS is looking closely at expanding to Cincinnati and Nippert is the "go-to" spot for a Cincy team. Getting an MLS team will increase the per game and yearly rent payment dramatically. Plus, every rear-end that sits in the seats at Nippert is another rear- end that might be drawn back to campus for the football team. Adding the soccer team also helps all the local businesses as well. The stadium renovations (being paid for completely by the soccer club) will not impact the overall seating capacity of Nippert (per the Enquirer). It is also not expected to negatively impact the UC goal of joining a P-5 conference. In my mind, even if a Bearcat fan never attends a single soccer game there, it is still a complete "Win" to have that club using Nippert.

Comment

Got a text message last night from a friend (alum/fan of tO$U). Took his family to the FCC game...and was gushing over Nippert. He asked if I wanted to go to a UC game with him in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
                      Got a text message last night from a friend (alum/fan of tO$U). Took his family to the FCC game...and was gushing over Nippert. He asked if I wanted to go to a UC game with him in the fall.
                      Very cool. People that haven't been to Nippert don't realize what a gem we have

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X