10/29 @ Temple
    11/5 BYU
    11/12 @ UCF
    11/18 Memphis
    11/25 @ Tulsa
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

5days after a road trip we come home to play conference opener? Seriously AAC? Against league defending champion on 4 days? Ouch.
    Rick

Comment

Conference schedule by Date:

http://theamerican.org/calendar.aspx...l&season=2014&

If those doesn't come up correctly change the date parameters to 8-1/16 - 1/1/17
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        9/1 UT Martin
        9/10 @ Purdue
        9/15 Houston
        9/24 Miami
        10/1 USF
        10/8 @ Uconn
        10/22 East Carolina
        10/29 @ Temple
        11/5 BYU
        11/12 @ UCF
        11/18 Memphis
        11/25 @ Tulsa
        Honest question

Putting aside the dialog about conference alignment... What rivalry/rivalries on this schedule are you most excited about?

I get Miami (history) - but what is next? UCONN? Memphis?

Comment

I feel like a rivalry needs to be a school you can easily travel to.....Memphis maybe...Temple is doable but...It wouldn't be any better in the Big 12. Makes me miss the trips to Pittsburgh and Louisville.
          Don't worry about what you can't control......

Comment

Going to be tough to get a winning record next year. Let's hope TT has some "secret sauce" ready by September 1.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

Honest question

Putting aside the dialog about conference alignment... What rivalry/rivalries on this schedule are you most excited about?

I get Miami (history) - but what is next? UCONN? Memphis?

Houston but only because I can actually get to that game from where I am.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                Going to be tough to get a winning record next year. Let's hope TT has some "secret sauce" ready by September 1.

B.C.
                This comment made me throw up a little in my mouth. How far have we freaking fallen?!??!? Two, three, five years ago we would have looked at it and said BYU will be tough but at least we have them at home. Maybe a slip up or two and 10-2 or 9-3 is foreseeable. God, I hate TT.

Comment

If we get smoked by Purdue, TT should be immediately fired.

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
                    If we get smoked by Purdue, TT should be immediately fired.
                    Agreed. But i only count 4 or 5 wins on this schedule and Purdue isn't one of them ( wins against UT Martin, Miami OH?, ECU, UCF and Tulsa) . B1G officials will make sure that we leave West Lafayette with an "L". Remember the atrocious officiating at Illinois 2 years ago (the goal line TD by UC that was called back and then the head of B1G Officiating issued an apology to UC for the "blown call" on the following Monday), and then the 3 phantom "offensive holding" calls on our receivers at OSU last year (when the replays clearly showed their DB's held our receivers). Yea the fix is in when a G5 school goes on the road to a B1G venue.
                    I watched the OSU-Western Michigan game this year on the B1G Network and Western had 2 TD's called back for holding on the Western Mich center.......watching the replay it was clear the center didn't hold and the announcers after watching the replay were like "well not sure about that call". LOL It's just too obvious. And they get away with it because you can almost call offensive holding on every play in college and professional football.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
                      I know you're a realist (leaning pessimist) who would rather be surprised by the team performing better than expected/predicted rather than let down by high hopes. However, predicting tough to get a winning record in the AAC and promoting Big12 or ACC bids don't jive, man.

Kiel will have to be focused in spring and camp if he is to win the starting job. I'm rooting for him to live up to his potential, but will be happy with whoever wins the job. The defense was young and vast improvement is a realistic expectation. This team won't shut down many offenses, but offense will carry them to a winning record. There are five games that could be losses that we have a more than realistic shot of winning.

At Purdue and at Temple are the tough road games for sure. However, both are very beatable.

We have Houston, Memphis, and BYU in the Nip and that stadium gives us a tremendous home-field advantage. I don't think they will be undefeated, nor do I think they will be conference champs, but 8-9 wins is the bar I set with who and where we play on the schedule this season.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X