Where have all the posters gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the posters gone?

Just a year or two ago, after a game and before a bowl selection, there would be 50 posts in a day here. Since the end of the ECU game, there have been just a handful.

What's going on?

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

we are fair weather posters I guess. I am bored with the cats. I forgot they were on tv yesterday. I have seen every basketball game and I saw many during the yates years so I am no fair weather for the BB team.

Comment

Well the admins. Blocked my IP address & won't do anything about it after several requests. So I only have smart phone access 😢👎

Comment

Traffic is down significantly on here. Not sure why, but that is the fact.

Comment

I think disappointment with the football team is a significant contributor to the low number of posts. It's hard to get enthusiastic about 7-5 when you were the overwhelming favorite to win the league. I also think there is a general lack of confidence in TT and his coaching staff. Three years ago the idea of losing to Temple and Houston would have been laughable and now we are done while they play in the first league championship game; this was not supposed to happen. With the ECU win coach TT is probably safe for another year, but the fans have lost confidence in him. It will be very hard to generate enthusiasm next year but we can only hope that attendance does not suffer. If the team was progressing the past 3 years and this year went as anticipated there would be a lot more enthusiasm and consequently a lot more posts on this board.

Comment

Not sure the football team is the whole reason for the lack of posters but it can't help. As a long time UC football season ticket holder (one of the few I might add), CTT's teams remind me a lot of the sloppy, undisciplined football we played under guys like Dave Curry and Rick Minter. The roster is now almost entirely guys that CTT recruited so he can't point at anyone else. This is often what you get when your HC delegates the nuts and bolts details to assistants. And we play a very passive style of defense that drives me crazy (i.e. let them catch it and try to tackle them).
            Watching us get multiple Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties every game is a good example of no one minding the store. Tight end DJ Dowdy has been flagged for drive killing unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in numerous games this year but still continues to start .......why?
            The win at ECU was a gift because the ECU coaching staff screwed up time management at the end of the game or we possibly finish 6-6.
            For all the talk of CTT's great recruiting, I see about 5 reliable play makers on this team....Shaq, Chris Moore, Eric Wilson, Leviticus Payne, and Mike Boone......all except Boone were recruited by the previous staff.
            We'll see where this goes next year, but I expect more of the same. CTT just doesn't have the fire anymore to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
              Not sure the football team is the whole reason for the lack of posters but it can't help. As a long time UC football season ticket holder (one of the few I might add), CTT's teams remind me a lot of the sloppy, undisciplined football we played under guys like Dave Curry and Rick Minter. The roster is now almost entirely guys that CTT recruited so he can't point at anyone else. This is often what you get when your HC delegates the nuts and bolts details to assistants. And we play a very passive style of defense that drives me crazy (i.e. let them catch it and try to tackle them).
              Watching us get multiple Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties every game is a good example of no one minding the store. Tight end DJ Dowdy has been flagged for drive killing unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in numerous games this year but still continues to start .......why?
              The win at ECU was a gift because the ECU coaching staff screwed up time management at the end of the game or we possibly finish 6-6.
              For all the talk of CTT's great recruiting, I see about 5 reliable play makers on this team....Shaq, Chris Moore, Eric Wilson, Leviticus Payne, and Mike Boone......all except Boone were recruited by the previous staff.
              We'll see where this goes next year, but I expect more of the same. CTT just doesn't have the fire anymore to get it done.
              Good analysis Black Attack..... I agree w/ you fully. This team reminds me of Rick Minter's teams... good, but not exceptional.... some good players, but many that should be playing at E. Michigan or Old Dominion. I will renew my tickets for next year, but I suspect next year may be worse than this year (losing that great receiving corps and several good linemen.) I still don't know why the ECU coach used his timeouts, giving us time to run 2-3 more plays, and get 7 yards closer. They (ECU) should fire him, as that was pathetic, and likely cost them the game.

Nobody doubts TT is a nice man, and a great PR person, but I want a coach who has "fire" in his belly.

B.C.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

This is exactly what the fan bases of all the big schools said would happen to our fan base the minute we were not playing for a bcs bowl game. Winning 10 or 11 games a year is not going to happen every year. You have to take the good with the bad. It's real simple, turnovers have hurt this team this year and have cost them games. Unfortunately we make have become a little to predictable on offense, and it caught up with us. All one has to do is look at the number of head coaching jobs that are open right now to know that starting over is not the best option for this program right now. Appreciate what you have as there are many programs who would love to be heading to a bowl game and have a winning record. Texas has as much swag as anyone, and how are they looking? How can you want coaches and players who have "fire" and then complain about unsportsmen like penalties? Those are not what has cost us games. Saturday was a prime example of that. Just hold onto the ball and give yourself a chance to win. EOS

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                  This is exactly what the fan bases of all the big schools said would happen to our fan base the minute we were not playing for a bcs bowl game. Winning 10 or 11 games a year is not going to happen every year. You have to take the good with the bad. It's real simple, turnovers have hurt this team this year and have cost them games. Unfortunately we make have become a little to predictable on offense, and it caught up with us. All one has to do is look at the number of head coaching jobs that are open right now to know that starting over is not the best option for this program right now. Appreciate what you have as there are many programs who would love to be heading to a bowl game and have a winning record. Texas has as much swag as anyone, and how are they looking? How can you want coaches and players who have "fire" and then complain about unsportsmen like penalties? Those are not what has cost us games. Saturday was a prime example of that. Just hold onto the ball and give yourself a chance to win. EOS
                  Agree with most everything you say here except on the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties ( in Saturday's game we had unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on a PAT and a Punt.......both of which gave ECU great field position. If the penalties occur when a kid is trying to make a tackle close to the sideline or a sack of the QB I fully get it. But on a PAT or a Punt?? You gotta be kidding me. That's as bone headed and inexcusable as it gets. And I guarantee you the kid who did it will still start in the bowl game).
                  But I agree with you it's a good thing that we're not looking for a coach right now. Nobody likes that. I like CTT as a person. I don't like his coaching style. That said, I'm fine if he's here another 20 years if his teams perform up to their capabilities. But I think you'll see going forward that we will continue to barely "tread water". I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

First of all, I agree with an earlier poster, that it has been difficult to get on the new site. For some reason I was blocked, and the admin. would help. I finally had to create a new membership.

Part two.. The players deserve a bowl game, and if you turn down a game, you may not get invited the next year. (As well as the extra practice argument) To me Tuberville is just filling in time until retirement. He really doesn't seem to be involved with the team, or how they perform. Defense was where he got his start, but I don't see any system in place. Offensively we have depended on the talent of our wide outs, with no great schemes to get players open. Gunner and Hayden just throw the ball up for grabs and next year that's not going to work. I'm really disappointed in the Cats, but I will always support them, just as I did through the 70's, 80's and 90's. I just feel like we have started going backwards.
                    Don't worry about what you can't control......

Comment

Consider me one of the missing posters. I still watch the games but there hasn't been much to come on here and celebrate. I guess I could log on and commiserate but I'd just as much go fishing after a disappointing loss to get my mind off it.
                      "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

BearcatJD I sent you a PM about your IP address. If anyone else is blocked and able to read this send a an email to Bearcatnews1 at Gmail dot com and I'll ask Keith to check it out. We blocked large swaths of the internet trying to get rid of Russian and Chinese spammers and hackers. We probably caught a few people in the wash.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

personally, and I emphasize personally, I think the decline in activity is as much about this format and web site as it is the product on the field. this is just not as user friendly or readable or fun as the old format. perhaps others are equally disenchanted. that may be totally off base for many of you and if so I am sorry, but I find myself less interested in reading posts let alone responding.

Comment

RedDog, Any particular reason you don't like the new format?
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              RedDog, Any particular reason you don't like the new format?
                              The old format was awesome!! I loved the colors and fairly easily navigable threads by area. This version is gray in more ways than one. It is drab and hard to read. I still post and read others, but I am disappointed with the new format, especially with aging eyes and seemingly stronger readers every year or two.

I like the like button, and that's about the only thing in the new format I like.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X