"How Sweet It Is!"... Miami, FL Postgame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How Sweet It Is!"... Miami, FL Postgame

......As Jackie Gleason used to say on his show from Miami Beach, when I was a kid!

My thoughts:

1. Of course, fantastic win. We should be 5-0 right now, and in the top 15.
    2. Andrew Gantz, what a steady PK! Like money in the bank. Geraci is getting better punting too.
    3. Moore seems more confident in the pocket. Tough call on who to play when Kiel gets better.
    4. Secondary played much better, and had some nice breakups
    5. Huge Miami fan turnout. Most I have ever seen from a visiting team!
    6. Officiating seems very poor again. Were those ACC refs?
    7. Lines to "P" were long and a mess again..... 86 million bucks, and I have to "P" in a trailer?
    8 Thank God that loud, obnoxious woman who "MC'd" the contests during the game has "retired". That voice.....
    9. Great Victory, and glad to have an off week to "heal". BYU is going to be a tough one.

B.C.

Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 10-02-2015, 08:21 AM.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Great win, great atmosphere at the game & just a fantastic effort by our Bearcats. Let's beat BYU on the 16th. Who's going to that game? I'll be there.

Comment

espn: Miami loses 34-23 to Cincinnati, turning up the heat on Al Golden

What the win means for Cincinnati: The Bearcats were feeling the sting of two close losses to conference opponents, but now Cincinnati has a signature win with a chance at another in two weeks against BYU. Back-to-back wins would give the Bearcats great momentum to rebound from an 0-2 start in the AAC. Coach Tommy Tuberville might have a tough decision facing him at quarterback. Will he stick with Hayden Moore, who threw for 557 yards last week and won his starting debut Thursday, or go back to Gunner Kiel?

Comment

foxsports/ap: Miami wastes chances, falls on road to Cincinnati

Moore followed up the best passing game in Cincinnati history with a solid performance. The Bearcats (3-2) surged ahead 14-3 and overcame a scoreless third quarter behind Moore, who was 22 of 33 for 279 yards with an interception.

Comment

huber: Bearcats Impressive in 34-23 Win

Freshman quarterback Hayden Moore didn't put up the numbers he did a week ago, but he didn't need to as the Bearcats pulled together their most balanced game of the season, protecting the football and playing some solid defense when it was needed most.

Comment

koch: Bearcats Defeat Miami Hurricanes, 34-23

The Bearcats gained 446 yards and received another standout performance from redshirt freshman Hayden Moore, who made his first career start in place of the injured Gunner Kiel, but it was the defense that was most instrumental in UC's 34-23 victory over Miami (Fla.) on Thursday night before a national television audience on ESPN and a sellout crowd of 40,101, the first since the Nippert Stadium renovation and the largest on-campus crowd in UC history.

Comment

Much better on Defense last night. Offense only made one mistake. Amazing how that translates to a W. Crowd was giving the Miami OL problems hearing Kaaya's cadence last night. Great job fans! Record crowd of 40,101 last night.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Great crowd, great time, great win. I have to give my overall game ball to Alex Pace for his two huge stops on 3rd and short against their runners. First stop he absolutely blew the kid from Moeller up and threw him back into the rback. Not sure what that looked like on tv, but he absolutely threw him like a big time wrestler. I think second Hosey Williams deserves note as his td run got the team and the crowd into the game, not to mention his take no prisoners style of running. He laid some hits on some guys. Gantz has the strongest leg i've seen from any kicker we have had in the past 30 years. His 51 yd would have been good from what i bet would be a good 70yds. Mckay's catch brought it home, and hopefully the week off we get some guys back to health for BYU. I doubt anyone would have given us a chance, without Kiel, Boone, Holton and Moore, but we showed just how deep were were.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  ......As Jackie Gleason used to say on his show from Miami Beach, when I was a kid!

My thoughts:

2. Andrew Gantz, what a steady PK! Like money in the bank. Geraci is getting better punting too.
                  3. Moore seems more confident in the pocket. Tough call on who to play when Kiel gets better.
                  7. Lines to "P" were long and a mess again..... 86 million bucks, and I have to "P" in a trailer?
                  8 Thank God that loud, obnoxious woman who "MC'd" the contests during the game has "retired". That voice.....
                  9. Great Victory, and glad to have an off week to "heal". BYU is going to be a tough one.

B.C.
                  Chris,

Great synopsis. My additional thoughts:

1. The UC fans and student section were great. I'm happy so many stayed until the end of the game
                  2. I think Hayden should be the starting QB, even after Gunner is cleared to play. His passing is more accurate and he's more mobile. I haven't been wowed by Gunner's play so far this season.
                  3. I agree Gantz and Geraci are looking great. The 51 yd FG would have been good from 60+. One bad punt deep in our own territory but one booming punt later in the game.
                  4. I don't know what game the officials were watching with some of their really bad calls/no-calls. Were they ACC refs?
                  5. There weren't any lines in the Men's room on the Scholarship Club level

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
                    Chris,

5. There weren't any lines in the Men's room on the Scholarship Club level
                    Haha... Seriously though, I don't know why chris always goes to those Trailers right there under TUC... I use the ones next to the concessions under the President Suite... theres about 24+ toilets in that one, I have less of a wait than I do in most bars in Clifton... Anybody who thinks nippert doesn't have enough restrooms is.. well just not very educated on the subject... It is a fact that UC has more restrooms per seats in the stadium than most college stadiums in the country.. the money was spent well and we are thankful you were not part of the planning/execution of the expansion... still love ya though..

Comment

Originally posted by 98bearcat View Post

Haha... Seriously though, I don't know why chris always goes to those Trailers right there under TUC... I use the ones next to the concessions under the President Suite... theres about 24+ toilets in that one, I have less of a wait than I do in most bars in Clifton... Anybody who thinks nippert doesn't have enough restrooms is.. well just not very educated on the subject... It is a fact that UC has more restrooms per seats in the stadium than most college stadiums in the country.. the money was spent well and we are thankful you were not part of the planning/execution of the expansion... still love ya though..

Not so.... lines were long everywhere. I am generally happy w/ the stadium update, but three major problems remain:

1. Not enough potties
                      2. Bottleneck at the Jimmy Nippert Memorial.... no physical way to widen that area, short of tearing down Schmidtlap.
                      3. Sound system bad

Otherwise, it is "growing" on me.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

2. Bottleneck at the Jimmy Nippert Memorial.... no physical way to widen that area, short of tearing down Schmidtlap.
                        3. Sound system bad
                        I can completely agree with these 2 items... And I have no idea how they are going to address the issue of the bottleneck by "Jimmy N." Maybe they can raise the old building behind there (I can't remember the name) And keep the overall integrity of the historic building but provide a complete walkway underneath... I know sounds insanely expensive but incredibly unique too... Or incorporate the building into the stadium somehow maybe take some of the field facing rooms/windows and actually make them suites!! That would be great?? right??

Anyways, as for the sound system, that is supposed to get a huge upgrade between now and the new professional soccer team that will be playing there next year... part of that deal is to provide a significant upgrade to the sound system.

Comment

My thoughts:

B.C.
                          "5. Huge Miami fan turnout. Most I have ever seen from a visiting team!" ....

I don't recall the exact year, but it was when we hosted #4 Wisconsin and upset them that day. That game was a sellout and it was primarily Badger fans. I got mad at my girlfriend (now my wife) because there were Wisconsin fans handing out Badger magnets, pom poms and posters and she kept taking them. Ha... I made her throw them away. Years later, after we were married I noticed a Badger Magnet on the fridge. Just as sneakily as she put it there, I threw it away. Anyway... There were a ton of Hurricane Fans there, but nowhere close to the Badger fans that awesome day years ago. I love Nippert at Night and especially for the Blackouts. I have so many wonderful memories of night games down there, the other night ranked right up there with the best. Awesome night to be a Bearcat. In related news... They should ban white outs and the white helmet. UC home games should always be all Black or some combination of Black and Red IMO.

Also, I went to the trailers under TUC about middle of the third and the line was long for the guys, no line at all for the women which shocked me. Anyway, despite the long line, it moved fairly quickly.

Comment

I would trade this win for the loss against Temple. How great this win is, we are two back from in-division foe Temple. No chance for a decent bowl game.

Comment

Hey guys I have a question - for those who watched at home there was a pass interference call against us that the backfield judge called from 30 yards down the field. It brought huge boos, which continued for quite a while from the entire stadium. The only part of the play that I saw was the db running behind the receiver with his hands raised at the end of the play. Did they show it on TV, and could you see if there was actually pass interference - because it appeared that from any angle inside Nippert the fans didn't think it happened, but it wasn't shown on the jumbotron so did the official really have it right and the 40,000 in the house have it wrong. I question the whole competence of the officials, for example the penalty on our final td all the kid did was spin the ball, how on earth was that "spiking?"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X