NIPPERT is all that and MORE!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIPPERT is all that and MORE!!

I went to HNS on Friday for Xavier and Moeller games and I was impressed!!. I had a few OSU people around who stated they thought it was like a "Little" horseshoe now, and they even meant that as a compliment "A back-handed one I suppose" But they were trying.... My thoughts:

1. There are more restrooms on the East (Shank-Pavilion) side than there were in the entire stadium previously (including all the port-o-lets they would setup)...
    2. Concessions are great, should be a lot less lines and whats even better is the layout on the west side (TUC side) makes it so that the lines won't interfere with any of the traffic flow of people moving around because they are on the backside, was a very smart layout for sure, added to that the new underground concessions under the patio area will also help reduce congestion when folks moving around..
    3. As for east side again, you might sill have some congestion at half-time but by having the walk-ways above so those on the upper-deck, can use the walkways to the second level concessions will reduce traffic on the main concourse, basically in half.. which is a HUGE improvement, if you can't see that just by looking at it.. sorry your just clueless, a vast improvement the way they did that.. and back to those restrooms, there were about 6 different entrances to the womens restrooms, usually 2 between each concession window , and then there was a set of mens restroom book-ending all the concessions and womens restrooms.. which will work out well... i don't' think anybody from the East side will have to migrate over to west side to find a place to relieve themselves anymore.. again a much needed improvement.
    4. I really liked some of the little touches, like the C-paw and the red seat coverings they put everywhere, they will definitely reduce how hot/cold (a little bit helps) the seats can get sometimes, and to me just fit the stadium better.
    5. The new Suites/press-box/etc.... Majestic, would be a good word... I couldn't access the inside (but there were a lot of people up in the main press-box, never figured out who they were), but from the East side seats looking up, it was impressive and will look great on TV... the ribbon board(s) were very easy to see and I liked, and the overall lighting of the stadium is much brighter than before, easy to tell.
    6. My only real big negative is it seems that they still didn't improve the sound system!! OMG, I might be wrong but I swear it was the same as I remembered when the announcer was calling plays out, how much did we spend and nobody thought to kick a few bucks in for the PA system??....

Anyways, overall I am VERY VERY happy with the results of the improvement and think they did a great Job.. Looking forward to a great 2015 season at the Nip!!.
    Last edited by 98bearcat; 08-31-2015, 09:15 AM.

Maybe they can get FC Cincinnati to pay for a new sound system along with the new big screen they are supposed to buy.

Comment

FYI, sound system and scoreboard is slated for next year from what they told us when we asked about it for ticket renewal. We'll see if it happens, but that was their line on that improvement.

Comment

bains/tuckerman:
        To help you get appropriately amped for the game that’s a mere six days away, Spencer Tuckerman (@spncrtckrmn), a former Cincy on the Prowl contributor who currently covers baseball and women’s lacrosse for UC’s official athletics website, put together the below then-and-now photos to show just how far Nippert has come.
        Nippert Stadium, home of Cincinnati Bearcats, then and now comparison between early 1900's photo and August 2015 photo, via Spencer Tuckerman.

Comment

bains: UC Hosting FC Cincinnati Soccer Club At Nippert Stadium Will Have Minimal Adverse Effects, Only Improvements

Today, the Cincinnati Business Courier revealed that UC’s AD wasn’t just blowing smoke. The contract with FC Cincinnati, a club the more-money-than-God Lindners own, calls for a $100,000 renovation of the visitor’s locker room.

Comment

I have to disagree with 98Bearcat. My seats are in the Shank pavilion and IMHO things are just marginally better. Even with the additional restrooms, there were still long lines and those port-o-lets somehow made their way back in for the last games due to the long line complaints. Lines for concessions are just as long and apparently they are not very well prepared. They ran out of hot chocolate for the coldest game of the year.

My feeling, right or wrong, is that they spent a lot of money for the few that could afford $5000 a year to watch in luxury and the rest of us got very, very little.

Comment

Greg, I think you will see the same with the 5/3 renovations. The trend in stadium upgrades is to primarily target those with the most disposable income which frankly makes sense as long as things are going well. It's not just UC, it's everyone at every level of sports. Maybe it's really always been this way and I've been at the base level before and not noticed much but I think you'll see the little guy weeded out of the process a bit with the renovations. The people who can't afford to attend the games live weren't coming anyway because everything's on TV, so unless the whole system crashes there's no point in trying to get that patron back. The system was already income tiered to begin with with the donor system in college sports, this is just an increase in the price of the barrier of entry.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X