So Long AQ Status for the Big East

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richard k. View Post
    I'm with him. You can talk all you want about revenue, etc., but there is no way the Sugar, Orange, or Fiesta Bowls voluntarily pick a BEast team, unless they are undefeated, and there is no 1 loss team from one of the other conferences, and I'm not sure that they wouldn't even take a 2 loss Oklahoma, Auburn, etc., over an undefeated UC. If the Orange/Sugar get the semi-finalists I am thrilled that I got to Miami and New Orleans, 'cause UC "ain't" never going back as a member of the BEast.
    I NEVER thought I would attend either one of the games to watch UC play. Yet, I did. I think it is way too early to say it will never happen again if UC is a member of the Big East.

This program has done great things on a shoe string budget and I think under any circumstances the TV money will at least double in 2013. There are also rumblings that the Fox Sports Cable channels are going to get serious about challenging ESPN. If so, they will need more content which means another bidder for Big East sports.

Comment

Ok, keep going to those lower tier bowls a couple years. Pack the house each time. $$$. The wallet will speak, the higher bowls will listen.

Comment

Anyone who thinks the new world order "playoff" cabal will be good for us is wearing some pretty rose-colored glasses.

There is nothing in the history of "power conference" behavior which suggests otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
          Very seldom are teams recognized for being good at the national level. Rather, programs are recognized for being good.

If UC continues its upward trend, and is able to continue to win BE titles, good things will come. Be patient...
          It's not a matter of being patient, really.

If the new system reverts to the old method of negotiated bowl tie-ins, the major bowl games are going to sign contracts with conferences to provide matchups. Does anyone honestly see ANY major bowl signing a contract to lock themselves in to the Big East champion every year?

You can have the patience of a stone, and it isn't going to make the Sugar Bowl or the Orange Bowl excited to sign on to a conference that could potentially send San Diego State or SMU as it's representative.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X