Site maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site maintenance

Any chance on some website maintenance? The home page has serious issues...the topics links are more than a month old for the forums. They still list as current topics threads from August 23rd etc.
    I'm guessing no one has the time to do any work on the site right now, but it would sure be nice to keep it going.

Originally posted by juckerrules View Post
    Any chance on some website maintenance? The home page has serious issues...the topics links are more than a month old for the forums. They still list as current topics threads from August 23rd etc.
    I'm guessing no one has the time to do any work on the site right now, but it would sure be nice to keep it going.
    The stories are the big problem on the front page. Links are working fine and are being updated. It's a database problem that was caused by the server's physical move by the hosting provider. The speed of site was also affected by this move.

You are correct on the time issue. An overhaul is/was in the works. The admins were trying to get it rolling for football season and didn't have time to hit that window. A database and forum upgrade is in the testing stage.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      The stories are the big problem on the front page. Links are working fine and are being updated. It's a database problem that was caused by the server's physical move by the hosting provider. The speed of site was also affected by this move.

You are correct on the time issue. An overhaul is/was in the works. The admins were trying to get it rolling for football season and didn't have time to hit that window. A database and forum upgrade is in the testing stage.
      Awesome...you guys do a great job! I really appreciate the free service - takes a lot of dedication.

Comment

Spambots are back! Upgrade that forum software!

Comment

Originally posted by BearCatMarcher View Post
          Spambots are back! Upgrade that forum software!
          Need to cull the spam bots first so the new forum software doesn't pick them up in the data transfer. I haven't raised the issue with the admins recently but I think at this point it'll be after basketball season before anything is attempted.

Report the spam bots. I can at least ban them from posting if I know they've gotten through the new user screening and I don't catch them myself.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X