No announcement yet.

Wichita St coming to AAC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 huh? That'll be interesting. I wonder if Navy will abstain?
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

My understanding is only bball schools have vote.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        My understanding is only bball schools have vote.
        Wichita Eagle reported yesterday that Navy will vote. I saw somewhere that Mike Aresco has mentioned that the AAC is trying to avoid appearances that the basketball programs would be considered the same as the Big East BB schools.

Comment

Wichita St has been unanimously approved per USAToday
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Awesome. I hope we play them home & away this coming year.

Comment

@McMurphyESPN Wichita State will pay $2.5M fee to join AAC, sources told @ESPN. WSU won’t actually pay that but will have $2.5M of future revenue withheld

Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So with their exit fee and their forfeiting past NCAA revenue, and paying an entrance fee to the American, how much is this costing Wichita?

Comment

According to this it's a about 4.5 million in total by the time you throw in added travel costs.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...143288204.html
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Money isn't a big deal to them. They are in the pocket of one of the Koch brothers so money isn't going to be a worry for them.

Comment

I wonder if this is also a proactive approach on the power 5 not scheduling teams like UC. I also wonder how Gonzaga's ooc schedule will be affected by their season this year. I wonder if they will have teams back out of their schedules much like UM did to UC this year. I also wonder if the AAC can schedule the conference games where the top 2/3 teams play home and away and that the bottom 1/3 are the ones only play one game. Strengthen the RPI by having the top teams play USF only once and in UC's case, play Memphis twice (bad example this year and maybe next). I am not sure if I explained myself clearly enough but I hope that you catch the idea.

Comment

I think I got it, bearcatbret. I was thinking the same thing myself - the AAC should schedule the next year based on the standings from the previous year. The top teams (we can hash out the percentage later) should play each other home-and-home, the bottom percentage does the same with each other, and then fill out the schedule so each team plays who's left at least once home and once away in a two year period.

Comment

The home and away in bball situation gets overblown mainly because of the conference tournaments. The best teams(assuming they were the best) should meet for a second time in high likelihood in the conference tourney. It's not like fball where you have a higher probability of not playing someone at all. There was a big up in arms when it was scheduled only one matchup with Memphis this year, but our season would not have changed if we had played them home and away.

Comment

Quick add on here. The MVC has back filled Wichita St's hole with Valpo
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Saw the Blue Ribbon yearbook. WSU is #7 and UC is #13. With SMU, and bounce backs from UConn and and hopefully Memphis the AAC may be about to become the league I thought it would be in the first place.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X