No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually expected the Big 12 low bid greed. They are also seeking competitive teams.

Any chance they accept a low ball bid with escalators for performance? i.e. We get a 1/5 Alice of full share, but that could go to 1/3 with winning conference record or 1/2 share for Playoff birth
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I need to look up the details of WVU and TCU joining the league. They aren't getting a whole share even at this point I don't believe.

To answer someone's question yes they are considering 14 teams and Bowlsby specifically stated they will look at football only members which definitely brings BYU into play and possibly Boise St. or Colorado St back into the mix.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The obvious question in the room given this week's accn announcement, does the acc look to add any team(s)?

Comment

• I think we are going to be sweating this out a while longer... every other fan on the internet of all the other "mid-major" schools thinks their school has a realistic shot of getting in. I saw one guy raving about how GEORGIA STATE is better than any other candidate... seriously?! I am worried about all of the Houston talk, if they only take two we could miss the cut line

Comment

• We have 2017 home games against Austin-Peay and Marshall, with away games at Michigan (The Big House) and Miami Redhawks (not the U). we have nine opens dates for conference games.

2018 we play UCLA, Miami Redhawks (not the U), and Ohio Bobcats

2019 UCLA, O$U, Miami Redhawks (not the U) and Marshall

2020 Nebraska and Miami Redhawks (not the U)

As I look at Big 12 expansion and the comment about building a very competitive new conference member, it seems to me that the scheduling advantages UC. With increased recruiting benefits of Big 12, UC could be poised for a high SOS - that's a killer schedule!!!

Also, I know things change and want to advocate that we keep Miami Redhawks (not the U) on the schedule. It could be seen as our cupcake game, but I wouldn't count on it. It is one of the oldest rivalries, the tradition, the proximity, etc... though it would have to be a two for one deal at the Nip. Big time teams like Michigan, UCLA, O$U (heck even OU and Texas) don't want to play in rocking Nippert.

If, BIG IF, we go to the Big 12, do we try to get out of any non-conference contracts? Are there any AAC teams you'd like to see added to the non-conference slate? Could that be part of the exit deal?

Comment

• George Schroeder from USA Today, who got the announcement wrong, says we should expect a decision in October at the next Big 12 board meeting. Sounds about right to me.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                I need to look up the details of WVU and TCU joining the league. They aren't getting a whole share even at this point I don't believe.

To answer someone's question yes they are considering 14 teams and Bowlsby specifically stated they will look at football only members which definitely brings BYU into play and possibly Boise St. or Colorado St back into the mix.

WVU and TCU will start getting full revenue share starting the 2017 Season, I believe (might even be this year) but definitely by 2017. And it was scaled, meaning each year they were given a little bit more until they reached the same level as existing B12 members. I'd imagine new schools would be in a similar proposition but maybe stretched out longer or starting even lower and building longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98bearcat View Post

WVU and TCU will start getting full revenue share starting the 2017 Season, I believe (might even be this year) but definitely by 2017. And it was scaled, meaning each year they were given a little bit more until they reached the same level as existing B12 members. I'd imagine new schools would be in a similar proposition but maybe stretched out longer or starting even lower and building longer.
                  http://www.si.com/college-football/2...es-bob-bowlsby

"TCU and West Virginia, for example, initially received pro rata shares upon joining the Big 12 until receiving a full share this year. It’s likely that the incoming schools will be so anxious to join a Power 5 league that they’d take a lower share for the long-term benefit.""

Comment

• SI: Big 12 expansion a near-certainty as it aims to avoid being left behind

I found this interesting:

The Big 12’s television consultants put forth a compelling presentation in Dallas on Tuesday. They showed how four new teams combined with the addition of a conference championship game could add nearly one billion additional dollars before the league’s deal with ESPN and Fox expires in 2025.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                      SI: http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/07/19/big-12-expansion-news-candidates-bob-bowlsby"]Big 12 expansion a near-certainty as it aims to avoid being left behind[/URL]

I found this interesting:
                      The existing tv left escalators for new teams, $500 million for two and twice that for four. It was not dependent on who the amount was same if they added Michigan or a brand new Xavier football team. There's got to be added money for basketball too.

Comment

• I have to admit I'm in a state of shock. This whole Big 12 conversation has dragged on for months (if not years), and I just didn't think it would happen. I'm encouraged that this could happen, but I still don't trust the Big 12. They could change their minds again.

Comment

• ‏@slmandel 9h9 hours ago Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati has the best shot. Who's next?
                          http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ed-mind-071916

Comment

• No inside info, but I want to make a prediction. Big 12 adds BYU and Boise for football only, and Cincinnati and Memphis for all sports.
                            Last edited by cinmike; 07-20-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• I think Memphis has a good shot as well, because the Big12 may take up Mr. FedEx's offers of $$$$$$ and run with it. I don't see Boise getting in... but could happen. I also think Houston will get a strong look unless TCU/Texas Veto that idea. I hope it's us, Memphis, USF/UCF (selfishly because I may be moving to Tampa in the future), and UConn (but will likely be BYU)

Comment

• My apologies if this has been posted or violates protocol

http://www.espn.com/college-football...spn-poll-shows

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X