Larry Davis retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
    I was semi-floored when I heard this. The timing is interesting, but we'll know if HC MC already knew about it by the speed of the replacement.

LD was as good or better a person as he was a coach, and I've always thought highly of him in the coaching realm. His leadership when HC MC was on medical leave was amazing, as was the team's run.

Those who have clamored for a shakeup of the coaching staff will finally get their wish, but as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

As a PS, I saw this on the 10 PM Ch. 12 news (on Ch. 64), but I almost missed it. When I tuned in, the "sports" guy was running a segment on Bengals TE Tyler Eifert's mullet; it ran about 2 mins in a 3 minute segment, and the Davis news ran after that as the last item.
    I am assuming you are referring to the idea the season is right around the corner. However, the timing is also interesting given the time of the news release. I know knowing here...but usually people that want to bury news do so by releasing the story at the end of the week. Am I speculating too much...perhaps. Just seems like really odd timing for not having a lot of public information.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X