2018 Season Previews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Season Previews

The first one of these I've run into comes from Barstool Sports which I find odd but here it is.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...83921584314290
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

What happened after Canada? I assume we didn't keep practicing. So, we start regular practice the same time as everybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
      What happened after Canada? I assume we didn't keep practicing. So, we start regular practice the same time as everybody else?
      That's correct. Gillam is in the weight room.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I couIdn't open the article so I'll make up my own:

t'll be interesting to see if Cumberland steps up to take over the team as a leader or a scorer. I know Broome and Jenifer are the only seniors, but both will find themselves fighting for playing time as Keith Williams will push them as a true sophomore. Tre Scott is a wild card to me. He has had some decent success in limited playing time, but foul trouble is a problem. We need the center to be at minimum a defensive presence without fouling...this area has me most concerned as we have shooters and athletes at guard/forwards. I hope I'm wrong, but I did not see enough to give much confidence from Brooks or Nsoseme, and Diarra was sick early and didn't play much. After the Nevada meltdown, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do trust that Mick will have a defensive minded team yet again and the scoring should be good enough to win quite a few games. The American conference will be much improved this season. We will know a lot about this team by the end of Nov. It's a young team, hard to predict great success, but those are the seasons that could net big surprises. No worse than 3rd in the league with a serious chance at conference tourney championship and an NCAA berth. Likely 23-24 wins and a 7-10 seed.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I expect a lot from Scott this year but you are right he's foul prone. I also expect Brooks to give us the presence in the middle you requested. Block or alter some shots, grab some rebounds, make the dunks that are presented, probably not much more. I think Nsoseme is the wild card. I saw enough there to be encouraged. Great motor and effort guy. Williams should be a stud and replace Evans role. Diarra flashed early so who knows but hes not afraid to step up look for offense. Broome has got to raise his game and I think he will. We need points from him to replace the guys we lost, at least 15 ppg.
          15 ppg from Cumberland isn't asking too much either. I think Williams and Cumberland and Broome will be the offensive core and we will need an accumulation of about 30 points a game from some members of the supporting cast each night. I think we are going to be fine after a few games and identifying everyones role. Its just different this year because we are not sure going in what to expect from whom but I really believe we have talent up and down the roster.

Comment

A couple of preview mags are out and we're getting respect.. Street & Smith has us second in the conference. The other one I read in the store had us 1st. Might or might not have been Athlon.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X