No announcement yet.

Jacob Evans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard an interesting stat that impacts Evans this year. A record number of underclassmen declared for the NBA (275). Those 275 and all of the interested seniors and foreign players are vying for 60 spots, with only the top 30 guaranteed money.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/da-big-board-guards-2018-draft

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
        I heard an interesting stat that impacts Evans this year. A record number of underclassmen declared for the NBA (275). Those 275 and all of the interested seniors and foreign players are vying for 60 spots, with only the top 30 guaranteed money.
        Jeff Goodman says 181. Last year 137, with 73 withdrawing.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
          Jeff Goodman says 181. Last year 137, with 73 withdrawing.
          ​Tim Legler cited the 275 figure on ESPNU radio. I have no way to know if he has good connections or not.

Comment

The The Athletic's most recent mock draft has Evans going #28 to the Warriors. Sam Vecenie did the mock. It's behind a paywall but if you subscribe:

https://theathletic.com/328354/2018/...ns-top-choice/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Evans has received his NBA combine invite.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cincinnati junior Jacob Evans to remain in 2018 NBA draft

Cincinnati junior Jacob Evans has decided to remain in the 2018 NBA draft and forgo his collegiate eligibility, Evans told Yahoo Sports.

Comment

To expand on this, he’s hired an agent. No looking back now. Go get it Jacob!
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/cincinnati-...180025320.html
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

This will be an interesting one to watch. He cleary did not look like a first round Nba draft pick at the end of last season when it was money time. I'll be real curious to see where he ends up going.
                      Last edited by coach; 05-12-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                        This will be an interesting one to watch. He cleary did not look like a first round Nba draft pick at the end of last season when it was money time. I'll be real curious to see where he ends up going.
                        I think that he was fighting an injury.

I would love to see him go at the end of the first to a good team.
                        Last edited by CroninCrazy; 05-13-2018, 09:23 AM.
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post

I think that he was fighting and injury.

I would love to see him go at the end of the first to a good team.
                          I have to agree with this. Almost posted this myself. . He was not himself during the tournaments at all. I just hope it's not something long term that shows up in his NBA physical.

I suspect he got a 1st round guarantee from someone at the tail end of the first round therefore, the agent. We'll see.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's about consistency, and in his 3 years here he was real good at times, and other times he kind of disappeared. The nba is next man up, so if you have those results it's tough to stick around. He's on the clock now so we'll see if he can hang. I wish him well.
                            Last edited by coach; 05-13-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Draft Express has updated it's mock draft board. Jacob is now listed as #22 to the Chicago Bulls.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well I hate to see him leave. However, if he goes around #22 then he made the smart move & will make some good money. I hope he has a long NBA career.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X