Jacob Evans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Whichever one Jonathan Givony did. He is Draft Express but merged his service with ESPN last year. Who did the ESPN mock you saw?
    https://espn1530.iheart.com/featured...managed_social

https://es.pn/2ImQjpN
    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Is it a good sign that Evans is still in Cincinnati, or am I just reading too much into it?
      Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

I would guess that he's finishing course work. There's no reason to throw away the weeks he's already put in this semester, and as a junior without an agent, there's no games for him to play, such as Gary and Kyle. I'd assume UC has everything he needs to prepare whether he decides to stay or go pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
          I would guess that he's finishing course work. There's no reason to throw away the weeks he's already put in this semester, and as a junior without an agent, there's no games for him to play, such as Gary and Kyle. I'd assume UC has everything he needs to prepare whether he decides to stay or go pro.
          That makes sense.
          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Semester ends in two weeks - Thursday the 26th

Comment

Just want to make clear that we do have a spot for him to return even with the commitment of Fredericks. That being said, I do expect not him back.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just want to make clear that we do have a spot for him to return even with the commitment of Fredericks. That being said, I do expect not him back.

Understood, But?? If Evans changed his mind, do you think Mick would turn him away, or make a spot for him? I could see someone red-shirting before Evans would be turned away?

Comment

I pretty sure you know this but red-shirting someone doesn't remove them from the scholarship total. We're not over the limit if Evans comes back.

Would we redshirt someone if Evans comes back? I think it's pretty likely Hardnett would be that person. We'd have a log jam at SF with the two of them and Fredericks. Your other option is Johnson and I'm not sure that makes sense even though we have two PGs basically already. They're both seniors. If Evans returns you do have the option of playing him on the ball at times as a point forward and redshirting Johnson. Johnson may have to learn from someone at this level to play the PG spot well. Johnson would have to be willing to do that though and suspect he's not going to want to wait much.
                  Last edited by Lobot; 04-23-2018, 12:53 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That is a problem. Mick has one scholarship available, but still about six weeks until we know for certain with Evans. That's OK since it looks like some momentum is building for a really good recruiting class in 2019. I think he will keep that scholarship unless something unexpected happens.
                    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Understood, But?? If Evans changed his mind, do you think Mick would turn him away, or make a spot for him? I could see someone red-shirting before Evans would be turned away?

Comment

It's probably a slim chance Evans returns, but I don't think he will be drafted in Rd #1.... That being said, do you gamble on a high pick in Rd #2, hoping to make a NBA Roster ? Or do you plan on playing overseas for big $$ ? If overseas is Jacob's best option, why not come back for your senior year ? Overseas will always be waiting for him.... I truly hope Jacob's drafted in Rd #1.... That speaks highly of the Program... From the majority of the mock draft sites, most have him in the 2nd Rd.... Only (2) I saw had him going in Rd #1.

Comment

He'd end up in the D league like Kilpatrick if he didn't make a roster. Doubt he would go overseas right away. The immediate shock of not being drafted in round 1 usually causes a guy to stick around and pursue the task ahead. I do believe he can improve his standing with another college season, but he has to consistently bring it. He was disappointing down the stretch, albeit the injury rumors. However, he'll get his chance in pre draft to show what he has. However, i agree with you as i do not see him in round 1, particularly with the number of younger guys declaring.

Comment

I pretty sure you know this but red-shirting someone doesn't remove them from the scholarship total. We're not over the limit if Evans comes back.

Would we redshirt someone if Evans comes back? I think it's pretty likely Hardnett would be that person. We'd have a log jam at SF with the two of them and Fredericks. Your other option is Johnson and I'm not sure that makes sense even though we have two PGs basically already. They're both seniors. If Evans returns you do have the option of playing him on the ball at times as a point forward and redshirting Johnson. Johnson may have to learn from someone at this level to play the PG spot well. Johnson would have to be willing to do that though and suspect he's not going to want to wait much.
                          I would say that it is likely Fredricks as a junior would not have committed to Cincy if Mick or Jacob thought he would be back. In fact, I would go as far as to say that decision had already been known. Rumor has it that Fredrick already signed his LOI.. I just don't think he would have done that knowing that Keith and Laquill will be on the roster the next two years had he thought there was any chance at all that Jacob would be back.

Comment

Jacob isn't gone until he hires an agent and I've seen nothing that states he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Bp4thebest View Post

I would say that it is likely Fredricks as a junior would not have committed to Cincy if Mick or Jacob thought he would be back. In fact, I would go as far as to say that decision had already been known. Rumor has it that Fredrick already signed his LOI.. I just don't think he would have done that knowing that Keith and Laquill will be on the roster the next two years had he thought there was any chance at all that Jacob would be back.
                              I agree with this. Also, Fredericks has in fact signed his LOI
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                                Jacob isn't gone until he hires an agent and I've seen nothing that states he has.

Agree.... Reading some of Fredricks comments from the other day..... Fredricks advised Mick had a plan with and without Evans that Fredricks seemed to be comfortable with.... So I think Fredricks signed regardless, I guess will know more after Evans Pre-Draft Camp.... If the news is not encouraging, Jacob might come back...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X