GA State, Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA State, Friday

The Panthers love to jack up the three ball, with 5 different players who have taken at least 105. One player, Devin MItchell, took 211. They're supposedly pretty good defensively, but they haven't faced many strong teams this year, so I have no idea how that will translate. They average 7 steals/game.

​GSU's leading scorer is D'Marcus Simonds at 21.1 ppg. However, he's not a good outside shooter (28.7% from three). What he's apparently good at is slashing and either taking it to the hole or kicking it out to the shooters, three of whom hit well over 40%, led by Mitchell (45.1%). The Cats will need to find the shooters early, unlike the first half performances in Orlando this past weekend.

​It's time for Jacob Evans to come out of his shooting funk. If he's hitting shots, Gary and Kyle will have a field day inside.

​The Panthers beat Tulane at home by 11 early in the season and lost at Ole Miss, 77-72, in November.

Excellent scouting report. Much appreciated. Bearcats by 20.
    Coach Cronin get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
      The Panthers love to jack up the three ball, with 5 different players who have taken at least 105. One player, Devin MItchell, took 211. They're supposedly pretty good defensively, but they haven't faced many strong teams this year, so I have no idea how that will translate. They average 7 steals/game.

​GSU's leading scorer is D'Marcus Simonds at 21.1 ppg. However, he's not a good outside shooter (28.7% from three). What he's apparently good at is slashing and either taking it to the hole or kicking it out to the shooters, three of whom hit well over 40%, led by Mitchell (45.1%). The Cats will need to find the shooters early, unlike the first half performances in Orlando this past weekend.

​It's time for Jacob Evans to come out of his shooting funk. If he's hitting shots, Gary and Kyle will have a field day inside.

​The Panthers beat Tulane at home by 11 early in the season and lost at Ole Miss, 77-72, in November.
      Thanks for this. I’m out of the country and probably won’t be posting much this week. If anyone has jet lag cures, I’m all ears though.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cincy.: 84

GA S : 61

Comment

Last time GA State played in NCAA Tournament was 2015. They beat #3 Baylor (57-56) and lost to #6 Xavier (67-75)

Comment

It doesn't matter who we're playing, if we don't shoot it better than we did in Orlando our tourney run could be short lived. Watching us play nail biters with the score in the 50's or low 60's is gonna make me a nervous wreck.

Comment

The only team that can beat the Bearcats in their next 3 games are the Bearcats! We have complained for years about our being sent out West or having unlucky draws, well it didn't happen this year and with our supposed best team in years, its time to put up or shut up! I spoke with Jacob over the weekend and he has several injuries hes nursing including shooting hand as does Gary. If it weren't crunch time, they probably would both have missed a game or two. Everyone is hurting this time of year and they are sucking it up and giving it their best. Their post game comments were mostly "6 more" and I think they are focused for the run. Lets hope it all comes together - they are a really nice group of guys. Cudos to Mick for the quality of the kids he has recruited and their fine season. Lets get this party started!!

Comment

Line is UC by 13.5.
                Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Does anyone have an online link for all of those working folk?
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

I'll be watching via sling.com

Comment

Cumberland MVP with his triple double!
                      Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                        Cumberland MVP with his triple double!
                        Perfect time for Jarron to get his game back. Kudos to Clark and Washington coming up big as well. Looks like Evans might be the next one to come up big.

Comment

Way too many time outs. Are more media time outs allowed for tourney games?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                            Way too many time outs. Are more media time outs allowed for tourney games?
                            ​There aren't more of them, but they're much longer in duration. Lot's of Bud Light dilly-dilly going on.

Comment

That is why I dvr the game and fast forward through the commercials.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X