Houston 2/15 7:00 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston 2/15 7:00 CBSSN

This is going to be a fight on the road. Houston dropped Tulane almost as badly as we did SMU. The thing is Tulane doesn't have a myriad of injuries going on. Hard to completely make a comparison because we haven't played Tulane yet, which is weird.

Houston is undefeated at home this year playing at Texas Southern's gym. I think there's a legitmate case for Houston being as good as Wichita St. at this point. WSU is deeper but head to head they've split their games with WSU. Goes without saying that we probably can't come out and go down by 15 pts or so in the early going and expect to come back like we did at home.

The crowd may not be a factor. They've been pulling in about 25% of the capacity Of TSU's arena which seats 8100. I expect free tickets to be given out to get people in the seats for UH. So the mystery is what will the crowd size be and will the booster in the front row be there to wave her arms all game long again.
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-14-2018, 09:02 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Crowd will be a huge factor, if UC pulls this one out, it will be are best road win of the year.....I think it's going to be close, but I think UC pulls this one out in the last few minutes...

UC: 78
    Houston: 71

Comment

Houston already going with the free shuttle from campus approach to get butts in the seats.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is definitely going to be a tough game. Can UC put 2 good halves basketball together when it counts? If they are indeed a top 5 team, then they should be able to win this game. That means coming out and competing from the outset and not getting too far down.

Comment

If a certain UH message board is any indication, their fan base is geeked for this game. They see this as the Cougars' ticket to the Dance.

Comment

In the Cougars last 4 home games, they've held their opponents to their lowest, 2nd lowest, 5th lowest and lowest scoring of the season.

UH is trying to get people to the game. They're offering 4 tickets with 4 drinks and 4 hot dogs or popcorn for $40.

Comment

This one's a toughie to predict. The Cats are the superior team and have played fairly well on the road, but the Cougars have been very good at their TX Southern home and are playing very well of late. After WSU destroyed them in Wichita, UH turned the tables on the Shockers a couple weeks later. They really want this one.

​If the Bearcats fall behind early, as they did when UH came to town, this game won't end well. They must weather the adrenaline-laced storm at the beginning and hit some shots. The defense should still be capable, but the Cats can't afford to go through scoreless stretches and expect another 15-0 run to get them back into it.

I'll call it a tentative UC win, 70-66.

Comment

UC is having an off night. Currently tied at 37 after UC lost 13 point lead early in first half.
                Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Crowd looks pretty empty at Texas Southern's stadium.
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Cougars shooting 52% currently.
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Evans is shooting 1/6 today. Off night for Bearcats, but still in game and down four.
                      Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Where is the defense? Houston shooting over 50% from the field.

Comment

Uh oh. Down 5 with two minutes left.
                          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Haven't scored a FG in something like 10 minutes...painfully bad offense.

Comment

Cats have not scored from the field since over 12 minutes remaining. Game over.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X